Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 352 Posts

· Premium Member
8,513 Posts
Rough

Side car is sprung, has about the same amount of travel as the bike.
I took the seat out so I can load more gear. I adjust the tow in, so the bike goes straight at 75 mph. The steering is heavy on account of the bikes steering geometry. I could make some changes to make the steering lighter, but that would sacrifice straight line high speed running.
So I put up with the heavy steering. Need a bike with less rake.
Also have the wrong front tyre on Yami, and the side car wheel is canted in at the top. Will fix both of those later.

The ferry only charges me for the bike, so it is a good deal. I take up about the same amount of room as a really small car. Seniors are half price Monday to Thursday. WA ferry charges a bit more for the side car.
In BC at 65 the medical card changes from blue to gold in colour. I call it my status card. Flash that at the ticket counter and the price drops.

Unkle Crusty*

· Premium Member
8,513 Posts
CP page

That is beautiful Crusty. You should create an album on your CP page with more pics of your island. Many of us would sure enjoy it.
What is a CP page?
Shirley just showed me how to post a picture.
Took the tunnel pic today with my phone. I have a bunch of old photos, but I need to find them, and I need a scanner, or get them scanned by the pros.
There are no street lights on the Island, so at night it is as dark as the inside of a black cow. The trees tend to make it darker.
The Tim Hortons shot is on the big island.

Unkle Crusty*

· Premium Member
8,513 Posts
Next

Lot of thinking happening here.
Next to a girl in a bikini, maybe not. Beside a 58 Chev, no. A yellow Vespa, maybe next time. So maybe one for the rural area.

Your bike and a Ford tractor in the picture. Bonus points for an early N series.

Unkle Crusty*

I will be riding close to an under a river tunnel next week.

· Premium Member
8,513 Posts
Tractor

Well done Strom. Interesting place. Not an N series, but the tractor does have a flat tyre, and a mower ( bush hog ) on the back. The engine cover is up on the tractor, and the hood is up on the truck. Guy has some work to do.

Unkle Crusty*

· Premium Member
8,513 Posts
Fast

We do not have any fast food joints on the Island. We have a few slow food places, and couple that are closed on Mondays, and some that are just closed.
Even on the mainland, be there Thursday, I can only think of a couple of places where there are two close to each other.

At least I can stop chasing pink hippie mobiles with smoke coming out the windows.

Unkle Crusty*

· Premium Member
8,513 Posts
Animal

Too late to count, but I DID IT!
(No one said that a STUFFED animal doesn't count! :p )

I see a lot of numbers but no picture of a stuffed animal on a bike.

Quick edit. It suddenly appeared. I think that is close enough. Let's skip my replacement challenge and give the next one to you. If that is okay with the others.

Unkle Crusty*

· Premium Member
8,513 Posts
Picture

Well Bob, that is definitely a winning picture, complete with bonus points, for smiles, two up, blue sky, sharp bike. That is about as good as it gets IMO.

Unkle Crusty* And I am jealous, your bike is much cleaner and prettier than mine.

1 - 20 of 352 Posts