Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

· Registered
2,090 Posts
There's a guy with 20 acres of woods and trails winding through. He made around 6 or 7 Bigfoot monsters out of wood, painted them, and has them peeking behind trees, etc for the kids to find. He has a sign that asks whoever goes there if they can spot all of them. Kids have a blast with that.

But I'm not going to ride my Sportster 1 1/2 hours to get there, then down a muddy trail...unless there's some kind of big cash incentive. :)

· Registered
2,090 Posts
The only SECAs I ever see anymore are projects on Craigslist, ever since Schwarzenegger tore that one up in Terminator.
The only one I can find is a very nice looking 900 Seca for sale 2 1/2 hours from me.
"Hey, I don't want to buy your bike, but I rode 2 1/2 hours to take a photo of mine near yours."
"Oh, you must have joined those nut cases on the motorcycle forum." :)

· Registered
2,090 Posts
Yes, that was one I couldn't remember. Washington's legendary coach Don James coached at Kent St. before coming to Washington. His team at Kent St had the nickname "the James Gang" and he led them to a bowl game. After he left for UW, Kent St didn't make a bowl game again until like 2016.
I'll be a butinsky here. Were you here in WA when Sonny Sixkiller was all the rage? He's all I heard about during high school. Quite the player. Cherokee Nation.
Okay, back to your bike near an animal sign. :)

· Registered
2,090 Posts
Eek, I like it. Elk. And an orange Harley.
Lots of them, Elk, near Rogers Pass in the Rockies. But you rarely see them, then one day they are everywhere. Elk hide is one of my favourites, possibly the most favourite. Yuse up Oh Dubja. UK
Rogers Pass! Small world. I can't count how many times I've been over that pass, in the 1980's and 2000's when I lived in Great Falls, and then Craig area in the 2000's. Back and forth to the coast t see family. On the way to Lincoln, I nearly clipped bull moose in the road in a Honda Civic. Wit some quick maneuvering, my wife saw hair pass by her window, and we escaped what would have ended up REALLY bad for us and maybe the moose.

· Registered
2,090 Posts
I

I know this challenge is over (.couldn't get new tires til today), but I bet you haven't seen one of these signs!

View attachment 66125 The white squirrels are real, too! I've seen them scampering around!
That's a new one for me!
Careful with posting that sign. A cancel -culture crew will deem it squirrel racism, come out and burn the sign and start looting the town. The horror! :)

· Registered
2,090 Posts
Wait! It's only been what, 5 days. We ain't a bunch of quitters now are we? No We Are Not!!!
Say it with me boys and girls... We Are Winners .. WINNERS! .. WINNERS!
Besides that the rulz say we gotta give it two weeks.

Rulz is rulz;)

Your bike in front of a drive-through coffee stand, with a pretty barista girl waiving out the serving window. No guts, no glory!

S F
Two weeks? Oopsey. Guess it's time for me to read the rules.

Your bike in front of a drive-through coffee stand, with a pretty barista girl waiving out the serving window. No guts, no glory!

· Registered
2,090 Posts
This is Jackie, she’s a super nice young lady that makes a great white chocolate mocha...and she’s always smiling under that mask.

Full disclosure: she may or may not have a great caboose 😜

Your bike in front of a drive-through coffee stand, with a pretty barista girl waving out the window. No guts, no glory!
Bravo! Tell Jackie she's a great sport and her eyes have a wonderful smile!

· Registered
2,090 Posts
Okay, I was waiting for the Buffer and the belt before issuing a new challenge ;)

Your bike in front of a barber shop that has the old fashioned barber pole.
How dare you (no pun intended)! Those are red, white and blue are they not? Best be quick finding one still up before someone with counter culture fever finds it. :cautious:

Your bike in front of a barber shop that has the old fashioned barber pole.

· Registered
2,090 Posts
I'll spare you the lecture on phyletic gradualism:ROFLMAO:

I don't really care, I know not everyone was out riding back in January/February. I know there's probably been dozens of repeats, but yea... two months ago :sleep::sleep:

Edit (because I'm a pushover): Your bike in front of a barber shop that has the old fashioned barber pole.
"phyletic gradualism"

Sometimes I get that unless I pop a blue pill. :)
Your bike in front of an old house that's for sale, pre-WWII era.

· Registered
2,090 Posts
Mine's a 1930's Sears Cape Cod style, have the brochure buried somewhere. Used to bring these kit houses in on the railroads. Unfortunately, termites decided to take a toll on the front of the house last year. Had to cut out the rim board on the front and the cedar shakes so up went the vinyl. Tough to tell what's old or not sometimes (especially once the vinyl goes up), unless its got some old intricate scrollwork, gingerbread, or period architecture.

No worries on the repeat, I just live in this one tiny thread :p

My house isn't for sale, but it was built in 1900 (pre-WW1 baby!), and I bought it from the soul surviving relative, a niece, from her estate sale. She sold everything. It sits on 10 acres, and the family worked the land and had 6 dairy cattle. The names of some of their cattle are still posted in the barn on a piece of old, browned paper. Here's an old photo of the original owner and his son holding up a day's salmon catch in the front yard. Wifey and I have been busting tail fixing the place for two years. Finally got her back to her old glory!

Then:

Now:

· Registered
2,090 Posts
Very cool, Oldwinger!! Looks like it's a VERY small house!
Looks like if you want to turn around, you'd have to go out on the front porch, turn around and come back in. LOL!!!!
LOL! It's deceiving. Still small, but actually has 1200 SF inside, 2 bedrooms, 1 full batch and one 3/4 bath. It was 900 SF until they built an addition to the back end in 1946. :)
I like your description. I knew a guy in the military who had one that really didn't make much sense but was funny anyway. "He's so slow, he has to slow down to speed up".

1 - 20 of 164 Posts