Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 546 Posts

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
I'm glad you got that fishing picture. I went to the local fishing hole. Not a fisherman in sight.
Now where would I find a cement truck?

· Visionary
5,650 Posts

The next challenge is a picture of your bike in front of a Sushi restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
Oops, I forgot about Krusty! I realized I could get this one on the way home from work so I pounced :)
My new one is pretty easy so it should go fast too, maybe the next person will do the dog in the sidecar!

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
That's so funny..., I work at the airport, have rode into work almost every day for the last 3 weeks, and could get that picture in about 3 minutes...except I took the car today, and probably for the next few, since we have nothing but downpouring rain in the forecast.
Oh well.. :)

How about this?
Next tag - your motorcycle with a large commercial jet (i.e. MD80 or bigger) in the background.

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
Congratulations! You got it! I think you deserve to pick the next one!

So what's our new challenge? I'm expecting a tough one, something that you have ONLY on your Island :)

Finally: Got a stray dog in a sidecar, on an Island with a kayak.
Unkle Crusty*

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
I believe this is the keel fin type of sailboat that you requested. There were many of them in this storage yard at the boat launch on Spruce Run reservoir.

Next challenge, your bike in front of an antique gas pump, something preserved from the 50s or before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
Old Texas towns sound like a good spot to find old gas pumps, I'm surprised!
We have one locally at a closed but still intact service station, I ride past it every day and always think I should stop and pose my bike there, that's what made me think of the challenge.

The hunt continues...

Wife and I drove thru several old S Texas towns and found ZIP! :icon_mad:

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
Nice pictures, I like the way the whole place is preserved. I wonder how many people don't remember those old air dispensers, they were everywhere, until someone realized they could start charging $1 for air, then suddenly all of them were replaced with those lousy, slow air vending machines you see now.
Now to find someone with an advertising sign...

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
I came SO close to getting this on Saturday, we were riding to Sam's Club to pick up a few things. I saw a guy wearing a sign that advertised an all you can eat pizza buffet as we got off the highway, but on the other side of the divided road we were on and standing on a traffic island, kind of an awkward spot. I figured I'd collect it after we picked up the things we needed and were headed back that way, told my wife about it when we stopped and we made a plan to head over there, park in the pizza stores lot, and go talk to sign dude, ask him to pose with our bikes and get the picture.
30 minutes later we headed over there, and he was gone..I think the lunch buffet offer had ended and the sign guy went away.

You snooze you lose!

I've been pursuing this one to no avail as well, the hunt continues...

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
I'd go for this one but I'm off two wheels for at least a couple of weeks, I had carpal tunnel surgery on my throttle hand on Monday and was banned from riding for at least a little while. Stitches come out on the 29th...we shall see, I might still ride again this year

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
Nice! I was looking for a red caravan all weekend, saw every color except red! Funny how hard this 'easy' challenge was to find.

Hmmm..where is the nearest fort..hmmmmm?

Ha! Finally got to do one of these. Admittedly ... I knew someone who owned a red Dodge Caravan ... but anyway ...

I read through some of the previous challenges and I'm probably doing a repeat here but lets say ...

Your bike with an old fort or castle in the background ...

Admittedly in front of will work too ... not sure how closed you'd be able to get.

Old is defined as pre-industrial age so lets say ... no later than 1800s?

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
I rode into work today on the Yamaha thinking this is going to be easy, usually the lot is full of Japanese sport bikes, all I needed was a Suzuki, Kawasaki or a Honda and I was good to go.
Instead I rolled in and parked next to a Harley and two BMW's!
There were a few scooters too but I wasn't sure if they counted so I didn't take the pic.

Maybe when I leave later on there will be more bikes, if not the next time I'll take the Victory and find a Harley, that should be pretty easy.

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
Well that was a bust, when it was time to head home I walked into the lot and immediately saw 2 sport bikes parked on the sidewalk, a red one and a blue one. Perfect...except once I got closer they were BOTH Yamahas..same as mine, oh well. Looking over to the other area there were still the same bmws and scooters and that lone h=Harley was still there too.

I rode into work today on the Yamaha thinking this is going to be easy, usually the lot is full of Japanese sport bikes, all I needed was a Suzuki, Kawasaki or a Honda and I was good to go.
Instead I rolled in and parked next to a Harley and two BMW's!
There were a few scooters too but I wasn't sure if they counted so I didn't take the pic.

Maybe when I leave later on there will be more bikes, if not the next time I'll take the Victory and find a Harley, that should be pretty easy.

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
Nicely done!
I held off on this one, I live in PA but work in NJ, it seemed just too easy to do that one and I didn't have the chance to ride to NY or MD.

65 Degrees, very little wind, and sunny skies. 185 miles round trip. Thanks. I needed some stress relief.

Don't mess with Texas. Even got a little dirty for this challenge. Better stick to the pavement.:)

Your bike with a sign for the entrance to either a farm or ranch in it.

· Visionary
5,650 Posts
Good thing I looked at this thread, I was planning on going Jeep hunting after work tonight when the rain is supposed to stop. I even had a plan, there is a big 4wd and offroad supply place not too far away, there are always really lifted Jeeps and trucks gathered there, like Wildebeasts around a watering hole....

I guess I'm looking for a bike in a truck instead..that's going to be a lot trickier..hmmmmmm

1 - 20 of 546 Posts