Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a motorcycle with the lowest overall height dimension. When looking online at dimensions, are he mirrors of the bike factored into the height of the bike? Also any suggestions of easy first bikes, that are short, would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Something like a Sportster 883 comes to mine. Maybe with cafe style bars and bar end mirrors to keep the height down.

Similar mods on a 250cc Honda Rebel, which is tiny, would result in a very short bike.

Odd request! Why this dimension? Plenty of people are concerned about seat height, but this is the first I've heard about overall height.

Are you going to park it under your porch?

·
Biker
1,638 Posts
Anthony might be on to something, In 6 years of riding I have seen only once, a sporty with a low seat height,
like maybe 24 inches max for the saddle, might have been a custom job, This bike was at a Harley dealer and I
sat in her, that is JUST what it felt like, but it was a sporty and the mirrors were below the bars and the bike had
forward controls, just a bit low for me. One would NOT want to be right behind a pick-up truck on this bike as
there is a good chance he/she might not be seen, but one should always be at least a good car length behind
a car or other vehicle anyway.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,925 Posts
Anthony might be on to something, In 6 years of riding I have seen only once, a sporty with a low seat height,
like maybe 24 inches max for the saddle, might have been a custom job, This bike was at a Harley dealer and I
sat in her, that is JUST what it felt like, but it was a sporty and the mirrors were below the bars and the bike had
forward controls, Just a bit low for me. One would NOT want to be right behind a pick-up truck on this bike as
there is a good chance he/she might not be seen,
but one should always be at least a good car length behind
a car or other vehicle anyway.

This exact feature is what scared me a bit on the Indian Scout .. While I only have a 29" Inseam are lots of Rides around that be seen on a hell of a lot better .. While loved the Scout, a few times hearing the brakes behind me and constantly watching the rear view mirror all the time convinced me me to trade it rather than the Dyna when got the Chieftain Dark Horse .. And Still put LED's all Around with the Triple Play Feature ( Flash 3 Times ) on the Rear Brake Light on the Dyna .. Something I tried on the Scout but the CANBUS kept interfering .. Back on the Sportster Topic they did make a Sportster Low Model , not sure if they still do or not ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts