Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my motorcycle keeps turning off when idling so what I do is just always keep steady low throttle when in neutral or pulling the clutch any solution?

·
Moderator - Loves All Motorcycles
1,251 Posts
First thing's first? What kind of bike? Are your idle/mix screws set correctly? My old Blast died while idling too. Figured out the PO installed the new carb but never bothered to set the idle screw. A little bit of turning and viola, idled perfectly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What kind of bike is it? Most bikes will have an idle adjustment knob located on the side of the bike or on the carbs. I may be able to tell you if you have an adjuster or not once you give some more information. When you turn the knob to the right/clockwise it raises the idle, left/counterclockwise lowers the idle. Most bikes are around 1,100 rpm, but yours may be more or less depending on what your manual says for your model.

Sorry, I don't have enough posts yet to show you pics. Google motorcycle idle adjustment knob and look at the images, some will have them pointed out or circled.

·
Biker
1,624 Posts
Try not to mess with the air and fuel mixture screws and take a GOOD look at carb when working throttle,
most likely you will see a part where throttle cable is hooked to and has a screw with a spring under it,
twisting screw to right could increase rpm, or so I remember on my S&S carb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the bike is a motorhispania rx 125r so it's basically impossible to find a manual or anything for it, I'll just pull out the fairings and then try the throttle cable attachment trick like Ray'ssporty1200 said if that doesn't work (probably will I mean if it stays stable when I give it a bit of throttle) if not I'll just mess with the air and fuel mixture screws if I find them xD mine definitly idles around 1.5 since it's dying at about 1.3,
hopefully it works xD (dumbo mechanical skills here)

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
Sounds like a clogged idle jet /port. Did it ever idle correctly? If so I would NOT mess with the air fuel mix screw, those don't usually move out of adjustment on their own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts