Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surprised there isn't a topic on this, used the search option to look for one first but didn't find it. Anywho, what kind of motorcycle covers do you guys have? Half? Full? Are some better for dry vs wet weather, why or why not? Is there any other important use for a cover aside from preventing rust/fade? How much should I pay for a cover (min-max)? Thanks, Andy

C

·
0 Posts
How did you find those? I typed cover in the search and didn't see any of those :\
Don't use the Google search bar, it blows. Use "advanced search" and tick the box for "search titles only" to help narrow it down quicker.
A common mistake. :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Be careful about what type of cover you use! In April I bought a really "nice" Dowco cover for my Shadow. It has an aluminum treated fabric on the inside of it to make it resistant to heat from the hot parts of your bike exhaust. That's great, but in windy conditions, that aluminum powder will rub off onto your bike and put microscratches in your chrome!

You are better off by just keeping your bike clean and waxed; also use leather and rubber protectants, ie Armor All, to guard against UV ray damage.

·
Honk if you've never seen a gun fired from a bike
821 Posts
I second the garage idea. Granted not everyone has that option. Do you live on the first floor? I'd pull it into the living room... I had a 2nd floor condo for a while, but the back 2 bedrooms both had sliding glass doors to ground level (it was on a hill), and one bedroom became a garage. As far as covers go, search ebay, you can get a pretty good price on covers from there. Google your ebay results for reviews and that should give you an idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts