Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Has anyone heard of or used a camping cot called Go-Kot? I heard its the best cot for motorcycle camping, easy to set-up and take down. I came across their website and seen a few motorcycle camper reviews. Let me know. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
8,991 Posts
Kot it.

Hi!
Has anyone heard of or used a camping cot called Go-Kot? I heard its the best cot for motorcycle camping, easy to set-up and take down. I came across their website and seen a few motorcycle camper reviews. Let me know. Thanks :)
First post. It sounds a bit suspicious to me. And after reading Dod's message I will not be looking it up. I have done a fair bit of camping, and will do more. I will not be using a Go Kot, unless you send me one for testing. I will waive my normal fee, just to be nice.

Unkle Krusty*

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
At my age motorcycle camping is riding from one 5-Star hotel to the next!

I want a hot shower and a nice soft bed up off the ground. Heat or air conditioning is also appreciated as well as a pool. :biggrin:

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
Speaking of camping. We used to have a Goldwing trailer camper. Gary maybe? Anyone heard from him or know what has happened to him? Been quite some time since we heard a word from him.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
At my age motorcycle camping is riding from one 5-Star hotel to the next!

I want a hot shower and a nice soft bed up off the ground. Heat or air conditioning is also appreciated as well as a pool. :biggrin:

^+1
I agree DianneB:biggrin:
I have had my share of "Tent Time",:( I might be tempted to do that one more time, but I think a Motel is really the way to go. I am envious of Eye and Mrs. Eye getting to travel the Southwest.and see all the cool stuff!.I dont think they camp though???..that trip they take and posted pics of is friggin AWESOME and COOL!
I hope to do that someday.
Ed

·
Premium Member
8,991 Posts
Oak Harbor WA

Whidbey Island race week, sail boats, is an all camping affair, around the third week of July. The tent and sailing gear really load up the bike, no room for Admiral Shirley. But she does not go, so that works. Camping then is a solo event. Not sure how you can get all the gear on board. A very small tent might work, but I like to be able to stand up. No room for cooking gear either.
We usually have a rolling condo there, so do others. Oak Harbor is about one mile away for dining out.

We plan to tour England and the IOM, and later NZ. That would be on a bike. See my thread " Bucket list " Would involve lots of B&Bs and motels.

Unkle Krusty*

·
Registered
562 Posts
you must have heard about it from someone that is from the east coast they were most likely saying go cart but you heard go cot. it is very common to misunderstand their way of speaking.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I love to go camping, but don't get as much chance anymore as I would like. I've never been camping on a bike though. Too much to carry... even when I go backpacking I usually carry 25-30 lbs!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts