Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
18,096 Posts
There are a ton of boots out there. And in any price range you might want. So exactly what are you looking for other than high? I have a 2 pair of Gasolina's. 2 because I liked the first pair that much and got a second pair with the perforated leather they offer for summer heat here in Texas. They are as close to custom boots as you can get and I needed that after a crash really screwed up one ankle. But for anyone wanting a nice boot I can certainly recommend Gasolina. They several styles to choose from too.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Those are some fine looking boots Hog. I'm going to have to take a real close look at those Engineer Boots! They seem a little pricey, but it the quality is there, it's worth it.

·
American Legion Rider
18,096 Posts
Those are some fine looking boots Hog. I'm going to have to take a real close look at those Engineer Boots! They seem a little pricey, but it the quality is there, it's worth it.
The thing I like most about mine is the fact I can wear them all day and walk as much as my ankle will let me. I can't get in cowboy boots or any regular boot anymore. I must have a zippered boot of some kind now. These are the best I can get without going full custom and paying at least twice as much if not three times. Just being able to wear them all day is a big plus. I noticed they have yet another style I might just have to try. Already have 2 pair, 1 more won't hurt too much.:) :) :)

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
I wear army boots. Bought a used pair for $55 and had them resoled after a few years $130, and a new pair for $95. They made a mistake on the price of the new pair, to my advantage. The used pair has a steel toe which helps a bit for up shifts. But the OP said high boots. How high is high? Moto cross and enduro boots are higher than army boots. The boots in the link from HC are higher than army boots. For crappy weather the boots need to be high enough for the pants and rain gear to cover the top part.

UK

·
Ace Tuner
1,617 Posts
The thing I like most about mine is the fact I can wear them all day and walk as much as my ankle will let me. I can't get in cowboy boots or any regular boot anymore. I must have a zippered boot of some kind now. These are the best I can get without going full custom and paying at least twice as much if not three times. Just being able to wear them all day is a big plus. I noticed they have yet another style I might just have to try. Already have 2 pair, 1 more won't hurt too much.:) :) :)
Same for me hog. A zippered boot is a must.
Are you using the Gasolina Classic Boot that has the zipper in the back?
I ask because my Bates roadrace boots look very much like the Gasolina Classic Boot with its zipper in the back. The zipper on my Bates boot will EAT my heel if I walk very much in them. Great on the bike, not so great when walking.
My street boots have a side zipper. They work well enough when walking but the company that made them is long gone now and I'll need to replace them at some point.
I'm guessing Gasolina will work with you if you need to return for a different size or something. Any experience with returns?

S F

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
When you are at the track: And are being particular about shifting precisely, you will notice your leg, a bit higher up from your ankle, flexes. If you wear high boots that are snug, they can interfere with the fine feel required to move the shifter.
Better to have boots that are a bit lower, like gym boots. Or, if you must wear higher boats, they need to have a bit more room around the calf. If you have calves that are like match sticks, ignore the above.
Same goes for riding dressage, but you always wear high boots.

UK

·
American Legion Rider
18,096 Posts
But can you wear your spurs with them?
But of course !!!

Same for me hog. A zippered boot is a must.
Are you using the Gasolina Classic Boot that has the zipper in the back?
I ask because my Bates roadrace boots look very much like the Gasolina Classic Boot with its zipper in the back. The zipper on my Bates boot will EAT my heel if I walk very much in them. Great on the bike, not so great when walking.
My street boots have a side zipper. They work well enough when walking but the company that made them is long gone now and I'll need to replace them at some point.
I'm guessing Gasolina will work with you if you need to return for a different size or something. Any experience with returns?

S F
Yes, zipper in back. I was very worried about the heal too but have not had a single issue. The zipper is covered by a leather flap. So as long as you make sure not to get that flap flopped out of place you should be fine. Returns are on you unless it's because of something caused like wrong size or wrong boot. Or in my case, a boot that no one else could possibly use there might be return issues. But they are easy enough to work with.

They did screw my order up. I ordered lugged soles and they sent smooth. And this is with highly altered boots. The error was on them so other than having to wait 3 more weeks, I got what I wanted and it was perfect. So what about the wrong pair? They gave them to me and I wear that pair daily.

That's the primary reason I bought a summer pair almost immediately. Since they fit so well and they were like that about the pair they screwed up, why not give them some more business with a summer pair of perforated boots. Exactly the same except holey. That pair I absolutely love. I didn't think it would work but they really do. First time in my life my feet aren't soaking wet with sweat in the summer on rides.

But yeah, you have to pay for your shipping back unfortunately. I wasn't too concerned since I was dealing with custom boots and I looked at another company that wanted almost twice as much to start with so figured I could return several times before I got to twice the cost.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Any sturdy boot that covers your ankles, has a non slip sole, and is comfortable will work. I use Revzilla for most riding items. They have a huge boot selection. Go to revzilla.com.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
If you get a boot with laces, be sure to tuck them in. Trying to put your foot down, with a lace wrapped around a foot peg, gear shift, or brake pedal is probably entertaining to watch, but not to experience.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
All of my motorcycle boots have a zipper on the side, and/or velcro straps. Would never use laces.

·
Visionary
2,845 Posts
I always stayed away from laces for riding till my last pair of boots, I went with a pair of tactical boots with laces AND a zipper.
The laces let me get the exact fit I want, the zipper makes it easy on and off. I've been wearing this pair for riding and work for almost a year, they are starting to wear out but that's acceptable considering I wear them 14 hours a day 5 days a week walking miles a day on the airport tarmac plus riding on the weekends. They fit like a glove from the day I bought them, only made better when I put in my orthotic inserts for my flat feet. I'll be ordering the exact same pair of Bates lightweight tactical boots to replace them.

·
American Legion Rider
18,096 Posts
I'll be ordering the exact same pair of Bates lightweight tactical boots to replace them.
I had been wearing them or their copycat type as well before going the way I am now. The laces and zippers worked great. I tied mine off so there was no way they would come loose then cut the rest off completely. Worked great and no risk of laces catching on anything that way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts