Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a bmw rs 100 I think it's a 99 not sure for free. I was told that the fuel pump went out in it years ago and the guy did not want to spend $700 tofixso it sat in his shop for a few years. He was going to throw. It away I got it got free. When I went to get it he had takent the front forks off the tank, radiator, asback tire, seat, and fairing.which I could not understand why I put forks on and back tire so I could move it to my house. As I went threw the boxes of parts I found 2 fuel pumps that work and a new starter. Well ,the motor would ent turn overt I took plugs out squirted in dome Malvales mystery oil in the cylinders. It now turns over with the starter but stops in a couple of rotations the bike only has 7000 miles on it .what would cause this any suggestions. The battery is good starter is new. Any suggestions would help thank you I am nee to this form

·
Visionary
5,302 Posts
When it stops how are you getting it started turning again? Turning it backwards or forcing it past the tight spot with a wrench or...?
If it always stops in the same spot then something is still binding it up. I assume your turning it over without the plugs in? If not take them out, maybe you have too much oil in the cylinders?

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Can't say no to a free BMW! It will be a nice bike when you're done.

How is it stopping?

Check your ground and battery connections, also charge your battery. (Even new they need it.) You can also try a booster pack on it.

Cool bike!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.