Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MotoGP begins with the first race in Qatar on March 29th!!! Sepang testing starts tomorrow. Any predictions? I am excited to see Suzuki finally back in the mix, as well as Aprilia. Should make for an exciting year. I am, however, disappointed to see that Casey Stoner turned down a 3rd factory ride from Honda and will remain in retirement status so far as racing goes but will continue to test bikes for HRC. I really would love to see him put a foot up the back side of Marquez. Maybe we will see more of the old Valentino Rossi return to the pavement as there were flickers of that old fire last year. If he could just get back to the "pre-wreck" mental state, I think it would be a game changer. Same goes for Lorenzo.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
I was working in an Aprilia shop when Biaggi was winning. That's about the only thing I know about that kind of racing.

Doesn't count, right? :)

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
Bike races

Speed channel has been showing all of 014 races. British GP on telly now.
Gotta go.
Mahindra doing good for an Indian company.
I think the sizes are wrong. Should be 250 500 and 750, or 300 600 and 900.
And the smallest bikes should be twins.
But 48 hp from a 250 4 stroke single is doing good. These races are well worth watching by every bike rider.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,502 Posts
Check the following Hawk
NBCSN
VELOCITY
FOXSPORTS

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
I watched the 2014 season on FoxSports.

I'll need to find an Internet based broadcast for 2015, as I dropped directv this past fall.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
Speed

Where do you find Speed Channel anymore UC? Our Speed Channel merged with another sports channel and l haven't seen motorcycles on it since.
Always been 41 on cable up here. They get a variety of feeds. But it is the same channel that does NASCAR, monster trucks, arena cross, that sort of thing.
I did not get much chance to watch them during the year, but have been watching over the winter.

Unkle Crusty*

·
So long
2,753 Posts
I've always enjoyed night racing since I was a kid going to the stockers at Seekonk Speedway. Qatar is the only night race of the motoGP circuit.

I'm a Rossi fan. But truth be told, I'm in awe of the skills of these riders.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
Skill

I'm a Rossi fan. But truth be told, I'm in awe of the skills of these riders.
Each class its good stuff.
The 250s are just like when we rode 250 Yamaha GP 2 strokes. About the same weight and power. All close. It was and is the closest racing. Not enough power for force mode, but still enough to slip and slide and drift.

The 600s are all the same I think. I am impressed with Rabat and Kallio, but they are all going fast.

With the big bikes, many of them are forcing the bikes to go faster than what physics would dictate. They have the power, the frames, the brakes. Watching Marquez is a thing of beauty. The number of times the front wheel is aiming a different direction than the back, both entering and exiting corners. The back wheels are often off the pavement entering corners. It is simply awesome.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
What I like best about Marquez is that when he came up to MotoGP from Moto2, he rode the same way...ball to the wall, and still won. He is now reined in a little, and has only gotten better.

·
Banned
15 Posts
I am excited to see Suzuki finally back in the mix, as well as Aprilia. Should make for an exciting year. I am, however, disappointed to see.

·
Registered
245 Posts
to see what!?

I'll be tuned in for this, as riding season has just begin in Chicago and the fans have been popping up around.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I doubt we will see much competition from Aprilia or Suzuki this season but it will be exciting to see how they progress over the next few years. Sounds like Ducati is also making strides with their new bike but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
Telly

Fox Sports has been making noises about showing the GP races. I will find out soon if they will show them live.
I think Yamaha is the match for Honda with power and handling, but Honda has a fancy shifting mechanism that gives them an advantage. So says the commentators.
Suzuki should be able to get up to speed fairly quickly I would think. Ducati was getting warm at the end of last year. No idea about Aprilia

I think the above will be three inline 4 engines, and two V4 engines. Normally I would bet on the V4 motors, but it has not happened lately.

Most of these guys are darn good riders.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
Seamless

You mean a seamless gearbox. Both Rossi and Lorenzo are riding seamless gearboxes as of last season.
Yes, that is the word they are using. But they made it sound as if Honda had it, and Yamaha did not. They are darn close however. I like the way Lorenzo rides, but heck, anyone near the front is brilliant. More than just one or two dominant guys these days. Gotta start paying attention to the schedule real soon.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
Races

Moto 3 on now, 2 next and then GP. Started at 1600 Pacific time. Saw the last half of GP earlier. They posted the wrong time, or the race started 30 minutes early.

Unkle Crusty*

1 - 20 of 28 Posts