Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
On The Road Again!
3,270 Posts
I was just watching this on tv a few minutes ago.
I've never been a big follower of racing, but I do
know that when I was growing up, Honda won just
about everything out there.
I was amazed to watch the Yamahas take two races
in a row by a BIG margin. There was only one Honda
in either race, and he was back somewhere around
tenth place!
What happened? Honda used to be king of the road
courses.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I just watched race 2, round 3, MotoAmerica Supersport at Atlanta and it was Richie Escalante placing 1st on his Kawasaki ZX6r (as he has done 4 out of 5 previous races this season). It must have been a different race than you watched @Offcenter. If you were watching on MavTV they are running a lot of races from last season. Yesterdays race 1 at Atlanta had Sean Dylon Kelly winning on his Suzuki. And, yes most of the Supersport bikes running MotoAmerica are Yamaha and Suzuki.

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was just watching this on tv a few minutes ago.
I've never been a big follower of racing, but I do
know that when I was growing up, Honda won just
about everything out there.
I was amazed to watch the Yamahas take two races
in a row by a BIG margin. There was only one Honda
in either race, and he was back somewhere around
tenth place!
What happened? Honda used to be king of the road
courses.
I dunno. It sure does seem like the blue bikes are killing it.
They swept the last event in Motogp also, last weekend, and are looking like they are gonna win that series also.

I don't follow World Superbike, last I heard Kawasaki was the dominate bike in that series,

It's pretty cool to see guys like yourself at least glancing at our series here in the States, MotoAmerica. If you go to their website in the news they say TV viewership is up 300% or something like that. It's a long story, but for the last 15 or 20 years American Roadracing has really been in the dumps. It's been quite awhile since we have had a guy in Motogp, hopefully our series grows and we get a guy or 2 there. We have a young gun in motogp2, Joe Roberts I think is his name.
But, we need a good, strong championship series, a place for the young guns to develope. Then, hopefully, one day fly the Stars and Stripes again on the top of the box in Motogp.

I know one thing, Beaubier, the number 1 guy here at present, is winning by so much it's kind of hurting our series. It can get boring watching a guy win by that much.

If he wins our championship this year, and seems to be a lock on it, I'd really like to see him head over to Europe next year. At least give World Superbike a shot. A guy like him, if he were to do good there, he would at least have a chance to catch a ride in the premier series on this planet, Motogp.

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just watched race 2, round 3, MotoAmerica Supersport at Atlanta and it was Richie Escalante placing 1st on his Kawasaki ZX6r (as he has done 4 out of 5 previous races this season). It must have been a different race than you watched @Offcenter. If you were watching on MavTV they are running a lot of races from last season. Yesterdays race 1 at Atlanta had Sean Dylon Kelly winning on his Suzuki. And, yes most of the Supersport bikes running MotoAmerica are Yamaha and Suzuki.
He was watching Superbike, round 3 from Atlanta. FoxSports1. I have dish and did not see Supersport on the guide.
I caught some of it. They, dish, had both Superbike races from this weekend on today, as they screwed up the schedule yesterday. (Horse racing instead of Superbike).

·
Registered
603 Posts
He was watching Superbike, round 3 from Atlanta. FoxSports1. I have dish and did not see Supersport on the guide.
I caught some of it. They, dish, had both Superbike races from this weekend on today, as they screwed up the schedule yesterday. (Horse racing instead of Superbike).
I figured it was different than what I watched. I think the Superbike was aired here on FS1 (DirecTV) from Noon to 1:00 and then on MavTV the Supersport live from 1:00 - 2:00. I was out riding this morning and just returned in time for the Supersport. I'm missing MotoGP because it is airing live and those are on even earlier than O-Dark-Thirty!! Of course I don't have a DVR. MavTV has changed their airing times several times and are airing races from last year and I think even some from 2018. It's getting confusing!

Regardless, I think Marc Márquez is the only consistant leader in any category at present that is riding a Honda, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm a fan, somewhat, and like to watch and follow, but when I miss a bunch of races it makes it tough to follow. The previous several years I missed all the races, so most of the kids are new faces to me and I'm trying to catch up on who is who!

·
On The Road Again!
3,270 Posts
Yes, I watched Beaubier win two days in a row at Road Atlanta.
I assume it was a current race based on some of what they were talking about.
And boy do they talk. Luckily the engine noise drowned out most of what they
were blabbing about. LOL!!!!

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured it was different than what I watched. I think the Superbike was aired here on FS1 (DirecTV) from Noon to 1:00 and then on MavTV the Supersport live from 1:00 - 2:00. I was out riding this morning and just returned in time for the Supersport. I'm missing MotoGP because it is airing live and those are on even earlier than O-Dark-Thirty!! Of course I don't have a DVR. MavTV has changed their airing times several times and are airing races from last year and I think even some from 2018. It's getting confusing!

Regardless, I think Marc Márquez is the only consistant leader in any category at present that is riding a Honda, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm a fan, somewhat, and like to watch and follow, but when I miss a bunch of races it makes it tough to follow. The previous several years I missed all the races, so most of the kids are new faces to me and I'm trying to catch up on who is who!
I'm with you guy.
All 3 of them, can/be/ are confusing.

What really helped me this year, i hit Wikipedia.
Search Motogp, 2019. They have a ton of info.

MotoAmerica, with the Hondo name, the different classes, tv times all over the place, man, it ain't easy.

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys, I've found these are good if u wanna stay in the loop.
Crash.net is mostly a F1 car site, but is real good for current, inside Motogp stuff also.
Superbikeplanet.com, good for World Superbike, CycleNews is good for MotoAmerica.
They all overlap a bit, but those I've found work pretty good for those venues.

Motogp, M Marquez is currently out with a broken arm he got in the first round. His kid brother , Alex is on the Repsol team and is just cracking top 10. The Frenchman, Fabio Quantarno, is kicking everyone's butt on the Yamaha. Rossi had a dnf the first round, copped 3rd last week. Yamaha has this launch control thing for the starts, and all the blue bikes are getting great starts,

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thank You @Motogrady for the information, that may help me catch up if I would ever settle down and do a little research reading!!

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys. This weekend, Brno. Big straights are supposed to help the Ducati. No MM. He’s out. Cooler temps good for tires. FoxS1 on tv. Early Sunday morning, 4:30am to 6 am. Replay the same day around10am. Later guys. Grado.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Tis morning I was all set to view the repeat at 10, then at 8:30 I got knocked out of it, had to leave and didn't get back till 12:30!!

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Races today, Saturday 3pm est on foxs1, from Pittsburg. The big bikes. Tomorrow race 2, ditto .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts