Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
What I can't understand is the "performance" motorcycle part of the statement. What are the other bikes they use, mopeds? The Harley Street 750 is only rated at around 58HP at the crankshaft, surely they could find other smaller displacement bikes from Japan with better power and suspension, or is Harley "buying" the influence with the new manufacturing plant being in India? Just an opinion.

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
I know that here, the local PD gets HD's on lease for $1. I wouldn't doubt that they are doing something like that in India too.

You would be king of the road with a 750, even the 500 would get a lot of recognition.

·
7,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That 58 horsepower in a land of mostly single cylinder transportation, would be King of the hill.

"Buying the influence," IS the BRILLANCE.:biggrin:

Every company buys influence and markets not to mention so called alliances and friends across Nations.

The United States is the worst offender:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CD8QFjAB&url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_foreign_aid_received&ei=QOhlVdW3O8H5yQTyjYKQCw&usg=AFQjCNFrGsyvjwHFFvkW2t4ecd8kJ7_Dhw&sig2=tP0dnULm0AI6arEheb44sQ&bvm=bv.93990622,d.aWw

It's easier to understand in Billions of TAX PAYER dollars expended:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_foreign_aid&ei=QOhlVdW3O8H5yQTyjYKQCw&usg=AFQjCNEHHiTB-NW76JbN8syoZCITtwCFLQ&sig2=Ux9uyQNoze8nQ20L7Qpafw

And this Government wants to tax it's own citizen's into poverty:icon_mad:

Sam:coffeescreen:

Sam:)

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
A government cannot have control if the people have control of the government. Broken people with no means are controlled by the government with all the means. Unfortunately for the American government, this is a plan for the politicians future generations to experience.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
I wonder what Enfield thinks about this. Aren't they mostly made in India?

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
The street 500 and 750 are also made in India for a lot of the world. Kansas City makes them for the US market.
You're right, completely forgot that!

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts
I thought I read the KC plant laid off a bunch because the 500 & 750 weren't selling well. Guess I'm confused now why they did this.

·
American Legion Rider
21,205 Posts
Laid people off if they are indeed selling so well in India to consider it a brilliant move to manufacture them there too. Did I say that okay or make it even more confusing cause I'm getting confused.:D

·
7,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it will really hit the fan if HD has the sportster and big twin line up assembled/ manufactured in India:confused:

If it really isn't selling well here, I wonder why? I think it's a nice bike and the 500 and 750 both get good reviews.

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
Laid people off if they are indeed selling so well in India to consider it a brilliant move to manufacture them there too. Did I say that okay or make it even more confusing cause I'm getting confused.:D
Supposedly Harley is manufacturing them there only to be sold there. I can remember the uproar when folks found out small bits and pieces were built overseas, I doubt they'll ever build big twins to be imported here as it will severely taint the brand.

·
Registered
2015 BMW K1600GTL & 2008 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide Custom
1,262 Posts
The whole point to the Street 500/750 was markets like India and that was a major factor in where they were to be built. If they can sell them here too; well, good for HD but North America wasn't he point of those bikes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts