Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I ordered this last August. Picked it up this weekend. Banana yellow, non-ABS model.

The quality level is very high, nearly all metal, except for the USA spec brake light and blinkers, we do not get the cute all metal units the rest of the world gets :sad:. But I may just buy those on eBay, plus a rear package rack. Same engine and main frame as the Grom. I believe it should top out around 55-60ish. I will eventually do an exhaust and the usual intake mods and rejet it. It may look little but it fits me at 5-11 fine, very comfortable, the seat is wonderful!

I intend to let my wife ride it in our neighborhood and immediate environs, rural and quiet, she can even reach the library and grocery store without encountering traffic. But the Monkey is really purchased as a toy and camp/airport and monkey business machine and just because it is so cute. But, my non-motorcycle wife will take the motorcycle training course (on their motorcycles) and I may let her ride it unsupervised (I can get another Monkey but she cannot be replaced).

The rest of my fleet:

·
Visionary
4,459 Posts
Very cool little bike!

·
Nightfly
4,403 Posts
Wow! Honda hits another homerun. In the right setting that thing would be a monster. 125cc must really make it fun. Congrats on your purchase, I love it...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! Honda hits another homerun. In the right setting that thing would be a monster. 125cc must really make it fun. Congrats on your purchase, I love it...
The quality level of the build is amazing. The detail and thought behind everything in it and on it, even a real helmet lock, chrome steel fenders and the seat is just like Honda used to do back in the day when "you meet (met) the nicest people on a Honda" era, it is completely real from end to end including the wing badges on the tanks sides.

Hey Honda, flex your muscles some more and give me a CL350 Scrambler (ok, make it a 450 displacement if you must to keep up with modern traffic and disc brakes/ABS) and I will place the order now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I saw that thing wondering if it would be good to put in a pickup truck or haul in a small trailer of some kind.. ok well, that would work. You can haul big bikes in a trailer too lol

Just wondering if the small size would help for transportation in a unique camping scenario. I'll have to give it some thought.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw that thing wondering if it would be good to put in a pickup truck or haul in a small trailer of some kind.. ok well, that would work. You can haul big bikes in a trailer too lol

Just wondering if the small size would help for transportation in a unique camping scenario. I'll have to give it some thought.
I imagine that camp ground use is a major intended use of many of the Monkey and Super Cubs.

I cannot say they are flying out the doors of Honda dealerships as first they would have to fly in to them at the same or similar rate and instead, they trickle in to the point that some are convinced they are not real, some urban legend or mythical monkey beast :devil: legend like Big Foot.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another pic, eventually I will add an exhaust (quiet) and air box mod and remap for the computer (yes, it is fuel injected and apparently has an ECU). But I need to add a proper chrome rack to the rear so we can put a milk crate on it for grocery runs from the camp.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Neat Monkey! Clever of Honda to come back with the tiny bikes. They are going to make a mint with those, here and overseas. They may also end up growing a new generation of motorcyclists.

How do you like your Yamaha? Is that an MT-07 or an MT-09? I love the look and sitting on one at the dealer was quite comfortable.

The Triumph is super. Just amazing. Love those things. One of the best looking vehicles on the road, anywhere, at any price.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

·
8,455 Posts
This is my first encounter with the new 'Monkey.':surprise:

I look like a MONKEY trying to hump a football:wink2: (6ft-5in and 340 lbs of table muscle):)

The thing was much nicer than the brand new one I bought in 1966 when I was in the Service, a 50cc, unsuspended little Z50:smile_big:

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
These small bikes (Grom, Z125) are always on US129, some guys in full leathers going from one knee slider to the other, it's awesome to watch. Last year, one guy had a Grom with all kinds of performance mods/engine work and claimed it would do 85mph, it was pretty fast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts