Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really dig the motorcycle featured in this set of photos. I've been looking for a bike, basically just like the one in the pictures and wanted to know if anyone can tell me the model and possibly the year, rough estimate would even be great?

davidnewkirk.com/blog/2012/03/vintage-motorcyle-shoot

Really appreciate any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. Can someone tell me what kinds of modifications were made to the bike in the picture? I notice that the seat has been significantly changed.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
That's a Honda Rebel. The seat has been changed to an uncomfortable flat pan. The battery cover has been removed and replaced with a Harley-type one (Or this could be a 450 model). The rear fender has been bobbed. The handlebars have been swapped to aftermarket. The front fender has been removed. That's really all I can see. The rest seems to be stock.

The one thing that is strange is the front brake disk is on the right side instead of the left. I'm not sure why this was done.

Edit: Looking through some older pics, I see the Rebel did have the Harley-style battery cover and right side brake disk in 1986. That should narrow down the year of this model quite a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts