Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
On The Road Again!
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't heard from either Miss Mercedes or Aphrodite on this forum in almost three weeks!
Have they left us?
They were some of our more prolific posters.

·
American Legion Rider
19,373 Posts
Both seem to be fairly active when I check. Suspect you have just missed them or they have nothing to say right now.
Miss Mercedes

And Aphrodite

Ignore the disabled on Aphrodites. I just didn’t trim it as good as I did with Miss Mercedes. That’s the lower part of Two Factor Authentication is disabled.

And if I remember correctly Miss Mercedes had something to do that might be taking most of the time. Or is bored. People do post in spurts at times.

·
On The Road Again!
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miss Mercedes: Last seen 16 days ago.
Really? She used to be on here every day.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,955 Posts
Come to think of it I haven't seen her on Instagram lately either.

·
Moderator - Like a crazy cat lady but with bikes!
1,117 Posts
I'm alive!!! :D Currently, my mom and I are dealing with a horrifying legal situation that I hate to say has been draining me of energy. Thankfully it'll soon be coming to an end, hopefully a good one.
And since we're on the tail end of that drama, I've been getting back on my feet in terms of hobbies. In fact, I just added this Honda Spree to my living room!

·
1,117 Posts
I couldn't ever leave you guys! I'm a member of the N+1 club for life! This year especially, I really hope to get into motorcycle reviewing. :)

Now...I just need to get my hands on a diesel powered bike. :D

·
Premium Member
6,999 Posts
The lightest weight diesel used to be the VW Pathfinder engine. 45hp. My old Yanmar 15hp weighed 320 pounds.
There are diesel outboard motors.
Did you say elsewhere it is a parking issue?

UK

Attachments

·
1,117 Posts
Out in Europe there are a few diesel powered bikes out there. The Track T800 used the 3 cylinder diesel out of a smart fortwo. Here in America, there's the diesel/multi-fuel Kawasaki KLR that the Marines use. They pop up on government auction sites from time to time. My diesel fixation lately is because I recently picked up an old Passat TDI wagon with the BHW engine. I see why people love diesel cars so much!

I do have parking limitations, but I've since resolved them. I'm really only limited in how many cars I can own. Bikes...not so much! :)

·
American Legion Rider
19,373 Posts
I couldn't ever leave you guys! I'm a member of the N+1 club for life! This year especially, I really hope to get into motorcycle reviewing. :)

Now...I just need to get my hands on a diesel powered bike. :D
Glad to see you got things sorted out or are at least getting a handle on it.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
We need the regulars to keep the forum fresh and alive. I try to come here at least once daily, and will admit that sometimes I start a thread just for the sake of adding something "new" to try to stimulate some discussion. Especially in the last year or two, my riding "friends" on this website are a major part of my contact with the motorcycling community. I used to ride with a few friends, but illness and age have left me as the last one still riding. So I value this website even more than in the past. But I still miss some of the old regulars that we lost just a few years ago, but enough has been said about that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts