Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i ride a 08 Ninja 250 and no matter how i adjust my mirrors i cant see a thing behind me in the same lane. It concnerns me a lot specially when approaching a yellow light. If i make a sudden stop since its yellow i am not sure how close the guy behind me is and will stop as well.

I am looking for a handle bar mirrors or mirror wideners. Did preliminary search on google but didnt come up with anything much ... I prefer handlebar mirrors over wideners as i dont want spoil the compact looks ...

Any suggestions ?? if any of you have installed such aftermarket mirrors can share a pic ...

Thanks a lot for your time ...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Have you tried pulling the outside of the mirror towards you?

Another option is aftermarket mirrors/extenders.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
I'll just move my head a bit to check the lane behind when showing down. I'll crank my handlebars slightly to one side or the other to watch behind while stopped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wilmi, i tried all possible angles. The best i cud do was remove my blindspot almost completely. I still see 1/4 of my elbow in the morror.

Dodsfall, as cranking handlebars is possible only when u r completely stopped.
I am more worried when i am approaching a yellow light ... given the impression of bikers, car drivers mostly assume that i will pass.

i m really hoping handlebar mirrors will solve my prob. Anybody installed them ??

·
Motorcycling Unplugged !!
1,260 Posts
I think even Ninja 650 series is having the same problems. I have seen those handle bar mirrors on Ducati Monsters but not sure if that will fit on a Ninja 250.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
check ebay or a local sportbike dealership for some longer stems or extensions.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I adjust mirrors until I see just a little of my elbow on the inside of the mirrors but I have to move my head to the right a little to see what's behind me.

I also put the fisheye mirrors affixed with sticky on the back (~$3/pair at Walgreens) towards the inner most part of the mirrors to eliminate blind spots. With them, I don't have to move my head to check before lane changing. That part of the mirror is almost useless anyway and only shows my elbows.

Here're the mirrors in this pic. http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3126/3163618505_67d10a045f.jpg

Hope this helps,

Dennis

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi,

i ride a 08 Ninja 250 and no matter how i adjust my mirrors i cant see a thing behind me in the same lane. It concnerns me a lot specially when approaching a yellow light. If i make a sudden stop since its yellow i am not sure how close the guy behind me is and will stop as well.

I am looking for a handle bar mirrors or mirror wideners. Did preliminary search on google but didnt come up with anything much ... I prefer handlebar mirrors over wideners as i dont want spoil the compact looks ...

Any suggestions ?? if any of you have installed such aftermarket mirrors can share a pic ...

Thanks a lot for your time ...
try mounting a set of additional mirrors on the existing mirror shafts. You can adjust the originals to look behind you and the second set to see the blind spots. That's what I am doing to my bike, but then I have a Boulevard. I am not sure how this would work on a Ninja sinc e the bike is much more narrow.

·
Registered
41 Posts
this is not an uncommon problem.. I ride a GSXR 1000 and I have the same problem.. I can't see anything behind me in mirrors. I literally have to tuck my elbows into my body to even get a glimpse. If I want a real good look I shift my torso and shoulder to opposite side of which mirrior I'm looking in.. I'm currently looking for some extenders.. you're not alone dude and it's definitely not your bike..

·
Shantytown Mayor
4,705 Posts
The 500 Ninja's mirrors aren't any better. I think the designer was a really thin guy, not someone manly sized. I have heard that the 600/636 Ninja mirrors are better for the 500 and 250 though but I don't know for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts