Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the state of minnesota has pretty much came to a complete shut down in terms of issuing licenses and what-not. This brings up a problem for me, I only have a motorcycle permit and I can't get my motorcycle license. The permit restricts me from going on the freeway, driving at night, and having a passenger. This means: no riding with family out to Sturgis without having to take all non-freeway roads, not being able to go to work on my motorcycle because when I get off it's already dark, and no giving ladies rides bike to their houses after a nice day at the beach.:( I passed the test with flying colors when I took the BRC. My question is can I get my motorcycle license in a different state if I live in minnesota, or can I ride on the freeway and just tell the cop if I'm pulled over that I'm waiting for the government to come back into session, so that I may take my motorcycle test. Any solutions would be great!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Well you certainly can't get a license in a different state. I'm not sure if you call the DMV if they offer any alternatives?

Personally, I would just ride anyway, and get your license as soon as they start issuing them again. Life is about risk! ;)

·
10,756 Posts
Well you certainly can't get a license in a different state. I'm not sure if you call the DMV if they offer any alternatives?

Personally, I would just ride anyway, and get your license as soon as they start issuing them again. Life is about risk! ;)
If you want to ride without a license that is one thing, but make sure that you get insurance first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts