Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any dealers anywhere that do a military discount on bikes?? I am a 100% disabled combat vet and am looking for a new bike, my current one is about dead. Its an old 82 yamaha xj750 with no front brakes and jb welded clutch handle lol. But anyways, if anyone knows of a dealer that does military discounts, let me know, not picky about brand just looking to save the money.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,226 Posts
Sorry... Dont know of any off the top of my head, but I can relate, being 100% service connected as well.

Look around Craigslist, and you can usually find some good deals. Just make sure to check the bike out (or have someone who is knowledgable do so if your uncertain) before you buy.

Welcome to the Forums, and thank you for serving Brother!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Welcome to the forums!
Vietnam era vet here.
Thanks for your service!!
I agree with Animedevildog.
Craigs list has some deals occassionally.
Regards
TZ

·
What?
865 Posts
I really depends on the area, here in Virginia Beach where I live a place would prolly go out of business if they didn't I can still get one around here and I am IRR now. Some other town where the military population is fairly small they may not offer it. The only thing is that most places only offer it if you are active duty, bring your paper work with you and ask it can't hurt.

·
It's all about attitude
880 Posts
I always pull out my veterans ID cord and ask,you would be surprised at how many places will when given the opportunity. Go to a dealer and just ask.I know for a fact Lowe's will give 10% but only when you ask for it or just show your card when checking out. Thanks for standing watch for us:thumbsup:. Viet Nam disabled vet here.

·
"Back in the saddle"
235 Posts
Outstanding!...
Another veteran in the group....
I'm ex. Combat Engineer.......
U.S. Army apo n.y.
Mannhiem,W.Germany......
Hon. Dis. Ft. Jackson, S.C. 12/78
May God Bless Us All...............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts