Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im working on my 1980 GSX250e project bike (yay number 4) and I have never really had troubles finding carb parts. however I will need to rebuild these carbs as they flood like hell and run really rough even after cleaning.

it needs at LEAST needle and seats done.

Im having trouble finding information on them though, and what parts to buy, since I never really have worked on carbs or shopped for them before its a bit of a blur to me.

heres the carb details from a manual.

Mikuni BS30 SS
Venturi Diameter 30mm
main jet 115
main air jet 1.0
needle jet: (L)0-6 (R)0-7
jet needle: 5CT38
Needle position: 3rd groove
pilot jet: 17.5
pilot air jet: 140
Pilot outlet: 0.8
Float valve seat: 2.0
starter jet: 35
throttle valve: 85

any help you can give me would be really appreciated. Ive struggled to find ANY information on "BS30 SS" carbs, only finding mostly VM mikuni carbs.

·
Independent M/C Shop
132 Posts
SUDCO has a wonderful carburetor manual and is worthwhile obtaining. Also: Here is a good source for Mikuni Carburetor parts www.motorcyclecarbs.com
Here's another source for professional carb rebuilding service: www.wgcarbs.com
And finally, here is a site that offers several excellent threads containing comprehensive, step-by-step carb cleaning and adjusting instructions with excellent photos. They are perhaps the best I've seen and much better than any manual I've read yet: www.xjbikes.com
Hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok im working on my 1980 GSX250e project bike (yay number 4) and I have never really had troubles finding carb parts. however I will need to rebuild these carbs as they flood like hell and run really rough even after cleaning.

it needs at LEAST needle and seats done.

Im having trouble finding information on them though, and what parts to buy, since I never really have worked on carbs or shopped for them before its a bit of a blur to me.

heres the carb details from a manual.

Mikuni BS30 SS
Venturi Diameter 30mm
main jet 115
main air jet 1.0
needle jet: (L)0-6 (R)0-7
jet needle: 5CT38
Needle position: 3rd groove
pilot jet: 17.5
pilot air jet: 140
Pilot outlet: 0.8
Float valve seat: 2.0
starter jet: 35
throttle valve: 85

any help you can give me would be really appreciated. Ive struggled to find ANY information on "BS30 SS" carbs, only finding mostly VM mikuni carbs.
I know this is old but my bike has the same carbs on it and I'm having a hard time finding anything on adjusting the carbs anywhere pretty new to bikes. They're on an 82 gs300l

1 - 4 of 4 Posts