Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know if I should put this in the "Sportsbike" or the "Yamaha" forum, but since a big part of my post deals with exhaust, which obviously isn't specific to one company, I put it here. Sorry if I made the wrong decision.

Also, I know this post kind of long, I apologize for that. But I think it'll probably pique your interest (not to mention I could really use the help)...

First, something normal:

Can I direct-swap a Micron full exhaust from a 2003 R6 to a 2008 R6S? The R6S has stock exhaust with a Two Brothers slip-on. If not, what parts (bike or exhaust) can be modded to fit, and what parts simply won't work?

Now, the "not-so-normal":

The back-story here isn't important, so I'll just go straight into it. The can/muffler on the Micron is crushed. Could I take it off and put the Two Bros slip-on in its place? Think of it as a hybrid Micron-Two Bros exhaust.

If it won't work, then thank you for telling me before I'm knee-deep into the project.

If it *will* work, would the slip-on install the same as it did on the stock exhaust? Or would I have to mod/change things to make it work? What would the changes be?

I've tried searching, but haven't come up with anything definitive. In fact, when I did some of the searches, like putting a Two Bros can on a Micron exhaust, Google didn't answer and just stared at me like I'd lost my mind. Hopefully I'm not actually crazy and some of you know the answers.

Thanks!

· Ace Tuner
4,160 Posts
The stock factory exhaust systems of the 03' and 08' year models are very different.

The frame of the two year models are also very different.

I'm guessing that there are so many other differences of the two models that a direct Micron exhaust system swap will not be workable.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gah, I should have made this more obvious or highlighted it in some way... the 03 is an R6, the 08 is an R6S - from my understanding, the R6S is very similar to the previous gen (03-04) R6. At least, that's what I've read/heard and has been the case so far - I've been pulling parts from the R6 (it has a ton of mods) and putting them on the R6S (which is near-stock), and they've all been direct swap.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, very much appreciate you trying.

Just posted here earlier today so your nearly immediate answers give me hope others will chime in.

I mention that because I posted in some forums that are more "Yamaha and R6 specific" awhile ago and haven't heard jack - you're the only one who's even responded, so thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.