Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not totally happy with the OEM Kendas on the 2015 Indian Scout so have a set of Mich Com II's ready to Install ..

·
American Legion Rider
21,186 Posts
You might want to take the rest of that wrap off. The guys mounting mine had a lot of trouble because they maintained that squashed in look when mounted and wouldn't air up.

I also highly recommend Ride-On sealant balancer. You can throw those lead weights away. If the sealant works it's just a bonus. I'd use the stuff just for the balancing effect. Smoothest I've ever had.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might want to take the rest of that wrap off. The guys mounting mine had a lot of trouble because they maintained that squashed in look when mounted and wouldn't air up.

I also highly recommend Ride-On sealant balancer. You can throw those lead weights away. If the sealant works it's just a bonus. I'd use the stuff just for the balancing effect. Smoothest I've ever had.
Will definitely keep Ride On in mind and appreciate you mentioning it .. Will take the wrap off today ..

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1800 Miles on the Michelins Now and they are Far Superior to the OEM Kendas Wet or Dry ..

·
Veteran Member
3,201 Posts
I put this Michelin on the rear of my Sportster a couple years ago. With ride time spread between three bikes it has not seen a ton of miles yet. But overall I am happy with it. When it gets to where I need to replace the front tire I will opt for the Michelin as well.

Before this I was running Avon Venom. Those were great handling tires, but they wore quickly.

·
American Legion Rider
21,186 Posts
What kind of air pressure you runnin Gator? I'm finding they feel much better when going over recommended. They are the best I've ever run though. Just hope they are still available as there's a law suit now claiming faulty manufacturing. You know, are sue happy country about not being responsible yourself when it comes to checking air pressure or overloading.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of air pressure you runnin Gator? I'm finding they feel much better when going over recommended. They are the best I've ever run though. Just hope they are still available as there's a law suit now claiming faulty manufacturing. You know, are sue happy country about not being responsible yourself when it comes to checking air pressure or overloading.
OEM Pressure Recommends 36 Front and 40 Rear .. Am Running 40 and 44 and they feel great ..

Far as that lawsuit would bet they have the Bike overloaded and low pressure on the tires as well .. Been Running Com II's since they come out and never had a problem except a couple times I had to wait because they in such demand ..

·
American Legion Rider
21,186 Posts
Well you are right there with me. I'm running 42/44. Everyone that says they are squirrelly that I've been around was running the recommended. When I suggested they add more they were blown away at the difference. It does cause a slight harsher ride but super smooth versus dang smooth most can handle.:D

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
guess you got your Income Tax check Refund, eh Gator? You've got a COUPLE of Threads in here currently, about upgrades (the other one was about exhaust pipes).

-Soupy

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
guess you got your Income Tax check Refund, eh Gator? You've got a COUPLE of Threads in here currently, about upgrades (the other one was about exhaust pipes).

-Soupy

When you are Retired and your Social Security gets taxed you sure as hell don't get no Tax Refunds .. :) I set up a Gig to Sing at a Nightclub and they took up a Collection to get me to Cancel .. :)

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
4,000 Miles on the Mich Com II's now and Still Look and Ride like New ..

·
American Legion Rider
21,186 Posts
I've got over 8k on mine on the Electra Glide and they still look new. I'm beginning to wonder exactly when do they look worn, when the steel threads show as in another post? If I was the measure them I'm sure there's a difference though. They do react to tar snakes now. That started about 2k ago.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got over 8k on mine on the Electra Glide and they still look new. I'm beginning to wonder exactly when do they look worn, when the steel threads show as in another post? If I was the measure them I'm sure there's a difference though. They do react to tar snakes now. That started about 2k ago.
Will Keep that in Mind we have some real winning roads with lots of Tar Snakes in my area ..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts