Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an idea and thought I would throw it out there. What if the Admins added the members map in the "Quick Links" section under "Quick Links." The map would not show for guests and only available for members. Or, maybe added to everyones profile.

That way it is easy to find and maybe more members will add to it. :)

It is just an idea. Either way though, it probably would have to be hard coded.

·
Administrator
486 Posts
Hey CPulsar,

I have communicated your idea to the mods, will shall see what they to say. In the mean time hopefully we can get other users who feel the same why you do to post their support to this suggestion :)

~ GP community support

·
Driftless Rider
1,485 Posts
I agree with the idea of making the map more visible and encourage member to use it.
Not sure how that is best done, but I second the idea:icon_cool:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the support guys. :)

Just another idea, the member map could be added in a iframe and a link to the member map added to the nav bar so it appears like it part of the site?

It can be done, I tried already. :) Zeemaps does not seem to have a any restrictions with adding it to a iframe (or other means.)

·
Administrator
486 Posts
Hey guys,

It's been added underneath who's online in the quick links, enjoy guys and great suggestion ;)

~ GP community support

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,778 Posts
Thanks and great response time.

·
American Legion Rider
21,079 Posts
Well I'm sure not seeing it. Quick Links. Correct?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mo admin, is it visible for members? Also, in the quick links, I have no "who's online" link.

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
The Who's Online link is only visible to the staff by design. Permissions just need to be set on the map link for members to see it.

·
Administrator
486 Posts
Is it still not showing?

Can you guys clear your cookies and cache and check it again?

~ LL, community support

·
American Legion Rider
21,079 Posts

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
It's showing up with an admin login, but not a member login.

Can it be moved up the list to the spot above "Who's Online" to see if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys,

I do apologize for this, it seems like only admins can see this in the quick links. I have let out techs know about the matter and they will try to resolve it as soon as possible. Thank you for reporting this issue.

~ GP community support

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol I knew that was you when I seen the name registered. Looks and works great, thanks! :)

·
Administrator
486 Posts
Hahaha yes you caught me! I had to test it out and I was just going to ask if it can be seen from the community. And it has been seen! Amazing!

Enjoy! and great job for the suggestion, I'm sure the community appreciates it ;)

~ GP community support

1 - 20 of 22 Posts