Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding a BMW K 1200 S and have a lot of fun with my bike. My hometown is Berne in Switzerland. We've much alpine passes here which are similar to the snake on the Mullholland Highway near Los Angeles :)

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. My daughter works for Jet Aviation and has been to Basel Switzerland several times in the last few years. She went on a couple trips up into the Alps and some of the pictures she took were beautiful. I must tell you she loves your country and says she would LOVE to live there.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My great grandparents were from Berne. Ive heard its a beautiful area and a trip to that area is on my bucket list.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Welcome from Ontario Canada :) From here, Switzerland is that "far away fantasy land" full of mountains & yodeling :D

I'm curious what motorcycling is like there, even to know what brands are most common & popular. Is motorcycle riding season pretty short, or what?

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Groetsi. Welcome to the forum. I have never been to Berne but spent about 3 weeks in northern Switzerland a few years ago. It is definitely a beautiful country with great roads to ride on.

·
So long
2,753 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

My wife was a ski instructor in Switzerland years ago. Recently we visited friends in Versoix, just outside of Geneva. The closest we came to Berne is Gruyères.

I also have a similar K-bike, though not a fully faired "S", it's a half-faired K1200 R Sport.

I look forward to reading your posts. Hopefully you'll post pictures showing the breathtaking beauty of your country.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts