Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1981 Kawasaki 750 LTD
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This site requires you introduce yourself as one of your first few posts so people know you are serious and not a hit and run type poster. Introductions found here ... https://www.motorcycleforum.com/forums/new-member-introductions.305/ Post opened/intr
My bike is a 1981 Kawasaki 750 LTD, and I was genuinely loving riding it until my top end gasket needed to be repaired. I was looking on Google for reputable shops in my area and came across one shop near me with a near perfect review rating. He told me he could get it done "no problem" but it may "take a while" because it was during a busy season. A month passes and nothing, two, nothing, and going on three I call him and ask him if he needs anymore parts, because I already ordered in the correct parts personally and gave him everything he said he needed. Said it wasn't done but there was "work done on it". I told him to call me back when it was done so I could pay and get my bike. Three more months later I hear nothing, yet every time I went to his shop there were bikes going in and out of there, so he was working on other people's bikes clearly and avoiding mine.

At the mark of one year I told him I just wanted to pick it up in whatever current condition it's in even if it's not done and asked him for an itemized bill of what I DO owe. He tells me he would "do one up and give me a call". A full month later and I get nothing but the same excuse. Two months and nothing again. It's been a year and six months with absolutely nothing to give me. I just want to take my bike and get it to someone who actually cares and will do my repairs in a decent time frame, but it's practically being held hostage. I don't have the time to take him to small claims court and what could the police really do? If I call it's basically a guy who "hasn't paid for his repairs trying to take his bike by force".

I just called him again today and he told me the bill still isn't done. I feel at this rate I'll never see my bike again. What can I do?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.