Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been riding with my learners permit since summer and I really had a blast. I am ready to take my exam but I don’t know anybody in MD who has motorcycle license. To take the exam, I need to be accompanied by a licensed rider at the exam. I can pick one of the full service MVA place near by and alao pay for your travel and time. I’d appreciate a help as my permit expires in 1-1/2 months ( by jan 9). Thanks and have great holidays

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,658 Posts
would like to help you out, but I am medically grounded this year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably yes, however I already took course from two experienced rider for 4 months instead of 2 weeks afterwork session. Lots of city and out of city driving. it was fulfililng.
At this point, it doesn't make sense to take 2 weeks course just to avoid 10 min road test at DMV. just need someone to company me to test area with a license.

Can you take an MSF course and skip the DMV exam?

·
15,658 Posts
MD is 2-3 hr classroom days, and 2 7-8 riding days. The state only does it in one place and the waiting list is long. Local schools and Harley do the course as well. They are all expensive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1st: MSF is expensive and 2nd: I already invested my time, passed the test after my flexible business hours training with two experinced riders ( i run flexible work hours) instead of after work hours which I can't spare.

it is just about taking the road test which is not a biggy. will schedule with a full service DMV. I only need a licensed Bike rider to show up, nothing else. Why would I go thru training again?

The MSF course is a three day event. Not sure what you mean about two-week riding courses. That would be great, and I would sign up immediately!

·
15,658 Posts
You mean the road test? i already checked with one in Silver Spring, they can set anytime I want for road test. no waiting list.
and all I need is to pass the road test.

No I was talking about the BRC it is only done at the DMV in Glen Burnie. You should be able to take the test anywhere. You need a licensed driver only to prove how the bike got there correct? Could you trailer it? Most bike shops have trailers that they rent around 30-40 bucks a day.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wish I could help but probably can't with work schedule. U-haul rents a single moto trailer for $14.95/day and they are awesome. That is all you would need as Critter said and that may be an option for you. You shouldn't need much tow capacity other than an SUV with a hitch to pull the trailer.

Good luck on your test. I don't know about the MD test but in PA you have to do a lot of figure 8's in a tight space. It wasn't hard but some bikes make it more difficult

1 - 12 of 12 Posts