Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just got back from Asia recently and most of the scooters and bikes there have a manual lever, that when triggered, will cause the headlight to flicker. I thought it'll be a nice option to have on my bike.

Does anyone in here know if such kit is available in the States and where can I get it?

Thanks a thousand,

Spyderboy

·
Premium Member
14,680 Posts
I have seen something similar on the new gsxr's it was a "passing light" or something like that. It was meant to just flash the headlights but it came stock on them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a Ducati GT1000 that came with that little passing button, not something I use just cus I dont want to tick people off (They may get the wrong idea) but I thought most bikes came with it stock? Unfortunately I dont know where you can get that as an aftermarket option.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
i have been debating adding one of these modulators to my bike. the prices range from ~20.00-125.00+ depending on how complex the device. they really do make you stand out more.

·
Exorcising My Angels
655 Posts
^ How's that? My headlight modulator had to be wired into my headlight system. The taillight modulator, though, was plug n' play.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Plugged one end into the bike end...connected to bulb to the other end...presto!!! blinking headlight when it's on high beam :) There is sensor so when it gets dark it will stop blinking but you just connect that somewhere..handlebars ... with a tie.

·
Exorcising My Angels
655 Posts
Interesting. Mine's a bit different because it's also wired into the horn (you can change the rate of blinking using the horn) and the bike's own light sensor.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Ive got lots of the Comagination units on my scoots....all are plug and play 5 minute deals. All work and have worked as they should for many years.

I also have the comagination tail light blinkers setup on the same bikes.....they were not plug and play but not difficult to splice in.

Great stuff....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts