Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making Laps Round 2

It was a wonderful 79 degrees today! Do I wash it or do I ride? I ride! Gear on, gassed up, roll out of town. Traffic gone, the open road ahead, I smile as I twist the throttle.

Having not ridden more than a couple miles in several weeks, I wasn't sure what to expect today; I just knew I had to be out here. Headed east toward my youthful home to see the piney woods and their rolling hills. As usual, they did not disappoint. Twisty, silent, and mostly empty roads for miles and miles just waiting for a hungry rider.

There are a few roads on my motorcycling bucket list such the Pacific Coast Highway, the Dragon's Tail, or Needles Hwy but I always smile when I ride these Louisiana backroads. As I break triple digits for the second time today, I think back to how much I wanted to get away from this place. Misguided youth, I suppose, drives us to greener pastures. Thankfully, I have been blessed to see that happiness is a two lane country road through the rolling piney hills of north Louisiana.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts