Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

I am a professional filmmaker and currently shooting a documentary about why we ride called "Road Wind and Fire" We are exploring what draws people to two-wheeled machines and what keeps them riding.

We are looking for interesting people to interview and profile for the film; people who are characters and stand out as people who have bikes in their blood. Racers, cruisers, whatever. Brands are not relevant in this project.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions on people to interview, I would really appreciate your input.

Also, if there are aspects of riding and motorcycle culture that you feel should be included in a film, let me know. In my opinion, here haven't been many decent motorcycle-related films recently, which is why I'm making Road Wind and Fire. I'm trying to make the film that I would like to see.

Thanks and Cheers,

Eric

· It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
4,803 Posts
Moodgyne puts a ton of miles on his Goldwing. LWrider tours and does some good write ups on an old vintage Honda. And Raven would be a good choice if you're looking for a Lady rider who logs some miles and isn't afraid to tell how it is.

· Gone.
14,767 Posts
Take your camera and go to a few big events, such as Sturgis and Daytona. You'll find tons of characters there.

Next, go to a few smaller, invite only type of parties. Let 'em know ahead of time who you are and why you're filming though, otherwise you might get a little ill-treated.

· It hurts when I pee
914 Posts
Hi Friends,

I am a professional filmmaker and currently shooting a documentary about why we ride called "Road Wind and Fire" We are exploring what draws people to two-wheeled machines and what keeps them riding.

We are looking for interesting people to interview and profile for the film; people who are characters and stand out as people who have bikes in their blood. Racers, cruisers, whatever. Brands are not relevant in this project.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions on people to interview, I would really appreciate your input.

Also, if there are aspects of riding and motorcycle culture that you feel should be included in a film, let me know. In my opinion, here haven't been many decent motorcycle-related films recently, which is why I'm making Road Wind and Fire. I'm trying to make the film that I would like to see.

Thanks and Cheers,

Eric

You can interview the two wheels guys all day long and come up with the same result. Real men ride 3. :biggrin:

· Super Moderator
3,935 Posts
hahaha...."isn't afraid to tell it like it is..." Thanks OTD & Murphy...

Eric...you would be more than welcome to take a ridealong over the summer...:biggrin: I ride mostly by myself...but have found that it is really fun to meet other people on the forum and ridealong with them too! I think we all have the same thing in common here....we just love to ride! I do take a ton of photographs...if you would like a link to any of those you are more than welcome...Moody would be excellent ....he is famous now....has a commercial! :biggrin:

· Registered
10 Posts
there are several subculturs in the motorcycle world . real bikers,posers,adventure riders,tourers,bar hoppers,dirt riders,cafe racers etc..
however what enthusiasts want to see in film is footage of people riding there bikes with some interviews thrown in... a comparison of the differences betweem the groups would be great to watch !
I just finished riding the Easyrider route photographing all the filming locations including Ballarat in the middle of death valley it was a great trip and riders will open up and talk to you especially if your on a bike !! good luck!!!

Jim griffin ,

· Malevolent Savant
933 Posts
Along the lines of subsects of the motorcycling community are those that love older, classic or vintage Universal Japanese Motorcycles (UJMs); Nortons, Vincents; etc. I know of one forum that dedicated to just Suzuki GS models. I am quite thankful for it. My bike is 32/33 years old, so it is nice to have others who have ridden/worked on these cycles since they bought them new, many moons ago. Besides the forum I mentioned, there are tons more for each bike's make/model.

On the subject of meeting people to chat with/interview, you should not have an issue of meeting characters. Just watch out for the blowhards, such as OTD. :D :thumbsup: :tongue: In all seriousness, get out & about; show up at local hangouts, rallies, etc and you'll find some really cool & interesting people.

· Registered
665 Posts
Thank you. I go on this forum to hear all the trips, modification, and just plane cool stuff others do. Then you recommend me as the one of the ones to interview. WOW I am humbled. I like the fact that everyone gets along so well, with different bikes, and different genders. ITS ALL ABOUT THE RIDE ISN'T IT. Raven, and LWrider would be the ones I think are intersting, BUT there are a lot more I have enjoyed reading.
God Bless Gary.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.