Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Pilot of Gixxer
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I found this app for Motorcycle Maintenance (still can use it with cages too lol) for my Iphone.

It's called "Moto Minder".

Its was very customizable and comes with presets for basic maintenance, Services, Modification logs, Repair Logs, and a Gas log. It will remind also remind you when maintenance is due. Pretty handy. I still keep paper records, but still hand. I really like it.

Here's a Link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/motorcycle-minder-bike-maintenance/id325468070?mt=8

Quality is the life force of everything, especially for motorcycles :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yup you are right!!!! It is really good app to maintain all information about bike. Keep track of mileage, oil change and all info. Great to keep it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For android check out this app "Maintenance" by Philos Programming in Google Play

feature:
*Up to two logs management
*Export/Import Option
*Share Your Log Option for potential buyer
*Graphs view to see how much you invest your motorcycle
*Friendly and convenient interface
*Designed for real motorcyclist!

Ride Safely!

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I found this app for Motorcycle Maintenance (still can use it with cages too lol) for my Iphone.

It's called "Moto Minder".

Its was very customizable and comes with presets for basic maintenance, Services, Modification logs, Repair Logs, and a Gas log. It will remind also remind you when maintenance is due. Pretty handy. I still keep paper records, but still hand. I really like it.

Here's a Link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/motorcycle-minder-bike-maintenance/id325468070?mt=8

Quality is the life force of everything, especially for motorcycles :thumbsup:
Really? What is wrong with the stickers the oil change place puts on the windshield?
For my bike it is every 5000 miles so if I see a 0000 or a 5000 as the last 4 digits on my odometer it is time.

·
Pale Rider
528 Posts
Oldman47, the application tracks more than just oil changes. It is customizable to any maintenance chore, such as: fork oil changes, rear end oil changes, shock absorber oil change intervals, air filter change intervals, fuel filter change intervals, etc. The applcation allows for configuring not only intervals based on mileage, but also on time. If you want to change your oil every 5,000 miles, or every 6 months, it will flag you when either condition is met. It also allows notes to be entered for each item; if you want to note that you changed from one oil, to another, for example, you can note that. The contents of the application can be e-mailed to yourself, for more permanent storage (either on the Cloud, or a hard copy can be printed). You can also use this feature to e-mail maintenance records to a prospective buyer, if need be.

You use it for any vehicle. It can track your MPG, if you want to use it for that. It is quite handy, and it is only a couple of bucks to add it to your iPod/iPhone. It's a tool, like any other. Some folks will find it useful, others will not. Cheers!

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
For my bike it is every 5000 miles so if I see a 0000 or a 5000 as the last 4 digits on my odometer it is time.
:thumbsup:

I also just jot down notes in a little spiral notebook I keep in my tool box in case I do something out of sequence.

I'm lazy and like the easy way. It'd take me too long to figure out how to down load an app, much less use it and enter information to it.

·
Banned
148 Posts
Old school guys generally stick to pen and paper in everything. Downloading an app for the everyday tech crowd, always know they can find their smart phone nearby, and apps are fun to use. Personally, I'm more a PC guy, and just use an Excel sheet to track my service, mileage, etc. so I can print it when the bike sells. No one has to try to read my handwriting either, it's typed out. Not sure the app has a print feature.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New app - MotoLife

Hi Everyone,

Good evening,

I just published the newest app for your bike on GooglePlay.

Download link on Google Play: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=br.com.bonino.motosys

The application was built by a motorcyclist for you motorcyclists. Here you will have full control over everything that happens to your bike.

In the application you can set up all fuel supplies, controlling the cost, the best gas station as well as the best fuel for your motorcycle. You will also have full control over all maintenance, durability of each part and the best cost benefits of each maintenance and workshop. You can also schedule odometer and / or date maintenance, and the application will notify you when the maintenance timing arrives.

I intend to continue to evolve the application and always provide new features to make our life on 2 wheels more practical, economical, safe and comfortable.

Download link on Google Play: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=br.com.bonino.motosys

I accept all kinds of suggestions and criticisms and hope the app can be useful to you.

Thank you,

Ricardo Bonino

·
Registered
737 Posts
:thumbsup:

I also just jot down notes in a little spiral notebook I keep in my tool box in case I do something out of sequence.

I'm lazy and like the easy way. It'd take me too long to figure out how to down load an app, much less use it and enter information to it.
Don't need something like that. Like Eye, I write everything down in my note book, and keep all my receipts for every part I have bought. I suppose it's cool for the younger generation, but I find a bit of satisfaction writing everything down, placing the book in my tool box, and closing the lid. Job done.

And what are you going to do if you lose your phone? Or somebody steals it? Or it just dies? Or.....?

·
Registered
21 Posts
And what are you going to do if you lose your phone? Or somebody steals it? Or it just dies? Or.....?
I imagine these apps are on the cloud. So you make an account and information will follow that account so if you change your phone you can just log in to that same account again and have all the same information there.

Not sure about this particular app but I ever used an app for logging maintenance I would expect it to behave like that. For now I'm using Google Drive's Sheets

·
Motorcyclist/Trucker/ Deplorable
1,164 Posts
I use a notebook at home with each vehicle. I can not service things very well out so when I get home I visit the notebooks and see what is shaken with each vehicle. If I ever had more than a hand full an app reminder might be useful to keep me looking at vehicle I dont normally ride but then again if I can ride it ir drive it I sell it. But that is just me and I like it very simple and low tech.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
I prefer the fuzzy haze of daily life. Much more interesting. Maybe when I grow up I will try and get organised.
But I do have a book which lists most of the activity for the bikes.

UK

·
Registered
737 Posts
I prefer the fuzzy haze of daily life. Much more interesting. Maybe when I grow up I will try and get organised.
But I do have a book which lists most of the activity for the bikes.

UK
I find that a good, stiff shot of Bourbon, will help clear that fuzzy haze, UK. Seriously with no disrespect to the younger generation, or 'tech' people, I just can't get comfortable being tethered to a phone. I don't need a phone with me 24/7. I'm not that important. Do I have a phone with me when I ride? Sometimes, yes. But it's off and in my saddlebag somewhere. Do I use it for anything else other than phone calls? No. Like you, my maintenance notes are written down and in a folder, along with receipts for each bike, car, and truck. Simple and effective.

·
On The Road Again!
3,270 Posts
I find that a good, stiff shot of Bourbon, will help clear that fuzzy haze, UK. Seriously with no disrespect to the younger generation, or 'tech' people, I just can't get comfortable being tethered to a phone. I don't need a phone with me 24/7. I'm not that important. Do I have a phone with me when I ride? Sometimes, yes. But it's off and in my saddlebag somewhere. Do I use it for anything else other than phone calls? No. Like you, my maintenance notes are written down and in a folder, along with receipts for each bike, car, and truck. Simple and effective.
+1
I don't have a cell phone.
My phone is where it belongs, on my desk wired to the wall.
Leave me a message. When I feel like talking to you, I"ll
call you back. :devil:

·
Registered
737 Posts
You're the kind of guy I want for a neighbor. I'll say 'hi' to my neighbor, but after that it's optional. And optional means you better have a serious problem if you want to talk to me. Same with my phone: Leave a msg. I'll call back when I get around to it. IF I get around to it. lol. But that's a whole different discussion.

Right now, it's back to the garage for something important.

·
American Legion Rider
21,150 Posts
+1
I don't have a cell phone.
My phone is where it belongs, on my desk wired to the wall.
Leave me a message. When I feel like talking to you, I"ll
call you back. :devil:
There really is just about any kind of app you might dream of available for cell phones. Unfortunately about the time they get the apps working to the point you might use them daily they start charging for them. So I have limited apps I use.

I expect my fuel mileage app will finally get where I'd pay for it too but right now I get by using the free version. That app can be used for maintenance for multiple vehicles. So far I only use it for mileage. I use vehicle specific apps for my Indian and Silverado plus a spreadsheet my wife built for me. So I'm covered online and off.

But there really is just about any kind of app you might want out there. And there are more every day. One of these days people are going to get bit hard because they have their whole life wrapped up nice and neat inside these apps and one of these days they aren't going to work. Then what???:devil:

Reactions: ketchboy
1 - 20 of 21 Posts