Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads bought a magna and quick query there is a red square light on the handlebar mount does anyone know what it is for

·
American Legion Rider
18,544 Posts
Going to have to be charging system or oil pressure I would think. They don't have a Parked indicator.:D

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Fuel

It indicates low fuel. The Magna has a smallish upper fuel tank that empties into a lower tank that has an electric fuel pump. No way to tell how much fuel you have without the fuel light. I do not remember the tank to tank range,but I only get about 30MPG.

Look at the gauges when you key the bike on as I am fairly certain that there is also an oil pressure light.

BTW,take good care of your fuel with Sta-Bil and keep it full. Some of the fuel system parts are becoming unobtanium. Carb removal is a nightmare,so also a reason to take care of things.

But what a motorcycle! 80 horsepower that goes berserk at RPM of 6500+ They can be as smooth as you want as well, but my main problem is wanting to ride too fast.

·
V65 Junky
446 Posts
It is supposed to only light when the reserve tank is hit. It is a low fuel warning light. When you turn the bike on it will light up but after a second it should turn off if you have enough gas already.

The sensor is probably pooched. They can be repaired.

The V65 has an electric fuel pump but I am pretty sure the smaller ones were gravity fed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts