Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall I bought C90T and M90. I've gotten the 1000 miles break-in on both. Before I rode the bikes I thought they were the same bike with different fenders, handlebars, and footpegs........ I was very wrong

I got the miles on the C first, I've been riding mostly calmly. Last week I got the miles on M and I began giving it more gas. This thing will move, today I cranked it at 35 in 2nd and it zoomed up to 70 in a couple seconds, it was still pulling when I let off

The C handles so easy, I've scraped floorboards a few times and thought I'm getting it thru the curves. M has forward controls, I let my heels hang down on forward controls so that my heels scrape before the pegs.....that means I'm leaning enough.....my heels have not scraped, yet I'm going thru curvy sections of my rides faster...... I've had 883 and Kaw900 custom that handle curves.......M90 curvability is better

Wife won't fit on the M, it has 1 seat, so the C wins for carrying a passenger, and for long ride comfort C wins again. I wouldn't take off on all day ride on the M, like I would the C, and I did many times on the 883 and a few times on the Kaw900 custom

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
Look in the manuals; I'd bet the rake and trail is higher for the C, as it is meant for cruising, and more rake/trail makes it more stable on the highway. That means it also takes more lean in any given curve. My riding buddy has a C90T, and if you know and stay on the high part of the torque curve, it even pulls a heavy trailer pretty well. We've ridden to West Virginia and the Tail of the Dragon, he on his C90T, me on my Valkyrie, a couple times (I usually pull the trailer though). It's a good long-distance bike. Once you get to the Dragon, though, you'll want the M90, as the C is more work.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually very little difference, but there is difference, oddly the M wheelbase is longer and C overall length is longer....big rear fender

Went riding today on M, brother riding my wide glide, at 70 the acceleration slows a bit in 2nd, but I took it on up to 75 before shifting to 3rd, hit 90 in a flash, my head was wobbling bad and I let off.

We finished the 2/3 of the ride, nice curvy roads, last 1/3 there is a 12 mile stretch of fun, I ran it mostly 2nd with a couple short bursts in 3rd......get up to 50 in 2nd and give it a little gas and it says LET'S GO it is so responsive

My brother has been riding my WG and enjoying it.......a bit too much
He said he's going to have to get a full face helmet if he's going to be riding my WG without a windshield, I told him he needs to get a battery for his Sportster with a windshield so he doesn't need a new helmet.....he thought I was joking

We're going tomorrow to get his battery.

M gives me a problem, I got rid of Yamaha Stryker because it was sooo much fun to twist that throttle......M is smoother and faster and handles curves better

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,818 Posts
Good investment for you, him getting a new battery.

Reactions: Porky

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot all about my new turn signals
Got for back turn signals both bikes 1156 LED's white($14/5) lenses take care of the color, these cheapies by themselves do not cause hyperflash

Bought 1157 white/yellow and kuryakyn clear lenses for front of M, these are bright bright bright
Sooo I was going to get the same for the front, but Amazon kept saying the 1157 LED would not fit the C
I went out and checked and they are 1156 turn signal only, no running light whaaaaa

The lenses aren't like Harley that just snaps onto the housing, these go back into the housing and a screw to secure it....the lense from kuryakyn is $20

There was a $10 lense but all the reviews were 1 star, the kuryakyn everybody said they had to modify to get them to fit, again I say whaaa....... kuryakyn not a perfect fit

I started putting them on, I couldn't twist them by hand to get the screw hole to line up...... I had to lay down and stick a small Torx head in so I could pry the hole into position...... that's all it took

·
Registered
144 Posts
I loved my M90. I didn't have the seat cowl so the 2 up seat was always on. My wife and I put thousands of miles on it. It had more than enough power for two-up cruising, and I'm not a littlie guy! I'd still have it if it wasn't written off in an accident about a couple of years ago. Once I "healed-up" we eventually got a M109. Its similar and yet a different beast all together. More power than the M90, but not near as nimble.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I loved my M90. I didn't have the seat cowl so the 2 up seat was always on. My wife and I put thousands of miles on it. It had more than enough power for two-up cruising, and I'm not a littlie guy! I'd still have it if it wasn't written off in an accident about a couple of years ago. Once I "healed-up" we eventually got a M109. Its similar and yet a different beast all together. More power than the M90, but not near as nimble.
I rode a 109, they're fast......aftermarket is much more available for 109

Could've got 109 for $3K more, now I'm seeing them at $2K more($10K)......tempting

·
Registered
144 Posts
I rode a 109, they're fast......aftermarket is much more available for 109

Could've got 109 for $3K more, now I'm seeing them at $2K more($10K)......tempting
They sure are fast and there is a lot of aftermarket "stuff" available which isn't the case with the M90. My BIL has a C109 that is a beautiful bike as well with a ton of power. There are some nice used ones available out there as well.

·
7,481 Posts
I had a new 2012 Suzuki C109 and that bike was amazing, even faster than my past VTX1800 but not as fast as my past Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster.(y)

My C109 was parked in front of my RadioShack Dealer Franchise, when one morning a BIG rig and his flat bed trailer ended its short life by running it over and killing it!:poop:

The event bore sweet fruit though as the Truck lines insurance paid me more than I paid for the bike which led to a new 2012 Goldwing.:D

The C90 has always had a real comfortable seat that none of the other cruisers have.:unsure:

I personally hate the foot forward/ forward control bikes as they seem very awkward to me and give me a back ache when I ride them, even short distances.:rolleyes:

Sam:geek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts