Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Trina and l came down to Tempe, AZ for the Cactus Bowl (GO HUSKIES!!!) and while we were in town l thought it would be a great opportunity to meet up with Wadenelson, who had already invited me down to go riding in the Spring.

I went on to Yelp and found a Mexican joint called Sombrero's that had 4 1/2 stars...l pictured a nice Mexican restaurant with a waiter and Margaritas. We found a little taqueria in a strip mall, a total greasy spoon. The food was great, which just goes to show that you can't judge a book by its cover. We had a blast getting to know Wade and Iron Butt Warren, Wade's traveling companion, and Warren's girlfriend Bonnie. We spent a couple hours exchanging stories, talking about different rides and planning new rides for the future. It was really a nice warm welcome to both of us. This is my first trip to Arizona and thus far, other than one restaurant that wouldn't allow us in with our service dog, we have found it to be exceptionally friendly. I will definitely be coming back down here for that ride in June Wade :)

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,127 Posts
Usually those hole in the wall places are the best.

·
Greatest Member Ever
662 Posts
Oh... and I should add... I'm jealous Scott. You got to meet Wade. I'd love to meet some of the peeps here in this forum. But living on a rock in the Pacific kinda makes it hard to do... More power to ya Hawk!!!!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, we have talked about a bike with a sidecar, but thus far she just rides in the car or on a plane. We flew down, and she did great!

We are talking about coming to Hawaii for the Hawaii Bowl next Christmas Jack...we will definitely come say hi, and l will rent a bike for a day or two :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts