Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading alot about lowers, last night i placed an order thank they will be a nice for the Gray Ghost. Read alot of good reviews about the Memphis Shades lower most said they work great with the wind sheld. Looking to get them in about a week. :71baldboy:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my lowers in and installed them rode a very short ride didn't seem to make a lot of deference.

·
American Legion Rider
21,845 Posts
I actually think the stock lowers are worth more in the summer as they seem to funnel the air and focus it on the jugs. Winter? No biggy but then I'm riding with heavy leather chaps then so I don't feel much anyway.

·
10,757 Posts
Got my lowers in and installed them rode a very short ride didn't seem to make a lot of deference.
Got a picture of what you installed? I love lowers on my bikes. I have leather lowers on my Heritage that snap over the crash bar. They do a good job at keeping the wind and rain from being a bother. My Limited has hard lowers and they are excellent.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Got a picture of what you installed? I love lowers on my bikes. I have leather lowers on my Heritage that snap over the crash bar. They do a good job at keeping the wind and rain from being a bother. My Limited has hard lowers and they are excellent.
Hey Badlands:)
Can you post a pic of the lowers you have on your Heritage? I have an '03 and have been thinking about putting some on mine, problem is the bikes po put the "Mustache Bar" on mine, so I think I would have to buy the Harley bars for the Lowers to fit??:confused: Thats what I am hearing anyway.
Thanks
Ed

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
There's a couple of soft lowers made for your bike with mustache bars on it, Ed. Harley makes some and I think JP Cycles has some. There's another company too, but I can't think of the name.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
There's a couple of soft lowers made for your bike with mustache bars on it, Ed. Harley makes some and I think JP Cycles has some. There's another company too, but I can't think of the name.
I wouldda thought so too Eye:confused:, but when I went to local dealer they said their lowers only worked with the standard Harley bars ( I guess technically they are called "Engine guards"??) not the "Mustache bars"!??
Now, of course it could be I got someone who really didnt know what they were talking about!! Ive had that happen too.:confused:
Also,Now that you mention it, I have a Dennis Kirk Harley parts catalogue! Ill see what they show,If you happen to find your J& P Cycles..book or other source find a ..please look and see if you see a part number for soft lowers for a Mustache bar. Ya got my email so please just send me an email with the info if ya dont mind? Of course I could buy the Harley Bars and change them, but thats over a $100 for regular Harley plus the hassle of changing them.
One last question, does it matter which Mustache bars I have or all they all pretty much the same as far as soft lowers are concerned?
Thanks and I owe ya Eye!!:):biggrin:
Ed:smiley_drinkcoffee:

·
10,757 Posts
Hey Badlands:)
Can you post a pic of the lowers you have on your Heritage? I have an '03 and have been thinking about putting some on mine, problem is the bikes po put the "Mustache Bar" on mine, so I think I would have to buy the Harley bars for the Lowers to fit??:confused: Thats what I am hearing anyway.
Thanks
Ed
I have a moustache bar on mine as well. I would love to post a picture, but my bike is still in the shop after I was hit by a Suburban last October. This is where I got mine from though. Hope it helps.
http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/soft-lower-rain-guards-harley-dressers-mustache-bar/#reviews

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
E-mail sent.

And I couldn't find the HD p/n either, so maybe they don't offer them anymore? I did send you a few other options though.
Thanks Eye!! I got it, good info! Looks like there a few different ones. Best I recall my carbeureted Heritage Classic is an FLSTC...2003.
I did get the bike out and look the Mustache Bars over for a brand or part number, couldnt find a thing. No Names or numbers.
I hope Mustache Bars are all same dimensions? Im guessing as long as I know the year and model of Bike...2003 Heritage, folks when I call can hook me up.
Anyway, just took both bikes for a short ride to keep things charged up....BRRRR!! Its colder'n crap here!
Thanks Again Eye!:biggrin: I Owe Ya Man!
Ed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts