Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed HID kit on my 2008 GSXR 600 about a month ago with everything working properly and yesterday I noticed my low beam wasn't working. Both high beams work fine. I have tried the bulb on the other switches and it works fine, ballast is fine with everything else. I narrowed it down that it has to be the green plug from the bike that is screwed up. I even plugged in stock bulb and that still didn't light up so it has to be the green plug/wiring from the bike. Anyone have this problem in the past and have advice/solution for me? Could it be a fuse?Thanks

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
I'm not 100% sure that the high/low beam use the same fuse, but I'm fairly sure they do. It wouldn't hurt to check, though, and I would do that first.

I would check for voltage at the socket first, then check for power at the switch, then back at the fuse block. That will help localize the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind!! I got it, it was the fuse. I took out one of the fuses and saw it wasnt connected and put in a spare one and it worked! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nevermind!! I got it, it was the fuse. I took out one of the fuses and saw it wasnt connected and put in a spare one and it worked! Thanks for the help!
Can you please let me know which fues have you replaced and its location please
Thank you

·
Registered
698 Posts
You know you are posting on a thread that is 7 years old? Those two people are no longer even reading these forums.

You should go to the new member introductions forum and say hello, tell us a little about yourself and your bike. Somebody will be sure to help you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts