Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, all my work was caught up this AM and the sun was shining. By 10-30 the air was up to 50F and I jumped on the CBR300R for the weekly 50-mile round trip to my cousin's place. On the way home, I stopped for gas at the place I knew I had most likely lost the wallet -- which turned up in the mail 3 days after it went missing!

When I went inside to pay, the guy running the place said, "Hey, you didn't by any chance lose a wallet last week, did you?" Well, yep. Turns out this fellow had found it minutes after I had left. Not finding any phone numbers, he called the bank's 800 number and reported the found card. He asked them to contact me, but all they'd do was cancel the card. He had considered driving it to my house, 20 minutes away, but wasn't really sure what welcome a Pakistani immigrant bearing my wallet would get, so he put it in the mail -- and was much relieved to find out I'd received it.

Well, I shook the guy's hand and told him it is a rare privilege to shake with an honest man. He'll get my $3 fill-ups from now on.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,538 Posts
Thank you for following up and finishing the story. As Paul Harvey used to say "and now you know the whole story"

Reactions: vistavette

·
American Legion Rider
26,019 Posts
Thank you for following up and finishing the story. As Paul Harvey used to say "and now you know the whole story"
Close enough Critter but Paul Harvey would say, The Rest of the Story, Goood Day.

·
Visionary
5,279 Posts
Thanks for the full report. There are still honest people out there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts