Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost the key to my 74 xl250 and I need to Hotwire it untill I go away to buy a new switch which probably won't be for another few weeks or so. How Exactally can I Hotwire it

·
Banned
685 Posts
I lost the key to my 74 xl250 and I need to Hotwire it untill I go away to buy a new switch which probably won't be for another few weeks or so. How Exactally can I Hotwire it
If I knew, I wouldn't be putting it here in a public message.
For all we know, the bike is your neighbors. :biggrin:

Call a locksmith with proof of ownership.......and have them make at least TWO keys.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
It's best not to hack into the ignition wiring. That will just invite problems later on.

A locksmith can cut you a new key for less than a new lock cylinder will cost in most cases. It will cost more than simply duplicating the key, but it's the best way to go.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i agree; go to a locksmith. I went to one about 3 weeks ago to get a key for my toolbox on my motorcycle that I lost and he was able to look up , cut and charge me all in about 5 min. My mind was blown how fast he did it. I thought it would have taken him 30 min or more to make a mold of my lock to create a key. The key was about 10 bucks which i thought was a little expensive but i didnt say anything because if your that dang good you pretty much can charge whatever you want

1 - 4 of 4 Posts