Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ran across a great deal i just had to have it. 1972 suzuki gt380 bike runs idles 14k need to put the factory seat cover on. For $600 i could not let it get away. I call her suzie the bitch from hell. Yea she has an attitude i guess after the bouncy 75 mile ride home in the trailer went to start here she was flooded then she bit me.When i was kick starting her the kick start on the old suzukis come all the way around smashed my shin into the foot peg and i mean hard. to make a long story short. It never broke the skin but got infected leg swelled up huge last week i spent 4 days in the hospital. They ended up cutting the whole top of the blister off still if i pull the bandage off it oozes blood and water. Guess we need a little bonding time. Soon as i am able will put her on the lift and give her a nice belly rub and clean up so she will like me lol

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Damn, she is just trying to show you she isn't a pushover.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
Looks to be in great shape.

Careful foot placement is needed on some kick start levers. Sometimes you have to use just the toe.

·
Vintage Rider
420 Posts
Great find! There's starting to be quite a following for that model recently. I've had a GT550 back in '74 and one now also. They sure are smooth, and they never give me problems.

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
Did the previous owner do a complete restore or is it a garage queen from the git-go?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is in pretty good shape overall. Not original paint but will duplicate it best as possible small dent in the top of the tank easy fix. I polish aluminum for a living so it should turn out quite nice when i am done. If i have to will start it by hand. I am going to push it to the top of project bike list soon as i get my leg fixed up. I still have my 83 3500 mile maxim 750 that runs and looks new. I also have an 81 seca 750 and an 82 seca with new paint need to clean the carbs on it. But it needs a battery so i will do suzui since it runs and needs nothing but a good clean up for now

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
still runs

dike sat for over a month turned the gas on pushed the kickstart with my arm started in less then 1/2 kick was really happy about that. had some vintage smoke going on lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks it will be when it is done. I will start on it later this winter take everything off and clean 44 years worth of grunge off it. Right now i have to concentrate on this 82 seca 750 working on the carbs now. Then will sell it when spring gets here to help fund the suzuki. I have 2 seca 750s and a 3500 mile maxim 750 so i won't miss 1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts