Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 18 years old, 5'9", 140 pounds. I grew up learning about dirt bikes, super cross and motocross and lately I've been wanting to get my own bike. I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to what I should get. I would appreciate any advice you can give me about what bike to look for or just about riding in general. Thank you!

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
There are a lot to chose from. What type of riding do you plan to do? Are you looking to ride off-road only?

There are everything from dual-sport bikes to super moto, motocross, and enduro-style bikes. Any of the off-road/dual-purpose style bikes are capable of quite a bit in the dirt, but some perform specialized functions a little better than others. Unless you are planning on participating in a certain class of racing, getting something that will fit you is likely the best place to start.

·
Registered
650 Posts
If you said what you're looking to spend, that'd help narrow down where you should be looking. Have you taken the BRC? Doing so may change your perspective.

As a beginner myself, I got my license in 2013 with zero experience, I've been pretty happy with my TU250x. We're about the same height, though I've got a few pounds on you and I find the TUX to be very comfortable.

I'd agree the kind of riding you'd like to do is likely to determine the bike you get. If you see something you like, go to a dealer and sit on it to see how it fits. There's been bikes I liked on paper, but not so much after sitting on them and vice versa. Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts