Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local dealer has a few of the '08 models left and is looking to sell them for almost cost.

Anyone that has one, I would be interested in hearing what you like/dislike about them.

Any help to either push me to just go buy it, or reasons to stay the heck away from it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Jeepers Gills.....wish I could help here....we have an 1100, only few months now....we totally enjoyed it till winter arrived. (waiting sorta patiantly for spring) Nice bike for the money, very happy so far. Would think someone here could help ya....Cheers

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With so little interest in these bikes from this community I can understand why they are trying to pretty much give them away at the dealerships.

Call around, I found three dealerships that have several '08 models they are still trying to get rid of.

That tells me enough to know that I don't want one.

·
Registered
428 Posts
if the 1300 is anything like the 1100 it would be a great bike. and i bet you can get a lot of aftermarket stuff for them. i love my 1100.

·
Registered
40 Posts
With so little interest in these bikes from this community I can understand why they are trying to pretty much give them away at the dealerships.

Call around, I found three dealerships that have several '08 models they are still trying to get rid of.

That tells me enough to know that I don't want one.
Hi ya Gills
I dont know if you have been paying attention with the world lately, but motorcycles in these economic times are pretty much a "luxury" item.

Now I know there are a lot of folks here who use / ride their bikes daily to commute to work etc...and depend on them on a daily basis.....those lucky folks probably live where the weather cooperates on a daily basis. Or, they live in some 3rd world country where riding the "Whole family...6 up...on a 25 year old Honda 125, is their only means of transportation.

What I'm saying is, ALL dealers of these "luxury" vehicles are hurting.....and going to hurt for some time to come. That means that not only motorcycles, but ATV's, snowmobiles, wave runners, and even Chevys, Fords, Dodges,...(dare I say even Toyotas, and Honda cars) are going to be "Giving them away".

Star products are quality motorcycles ....you could pay more, or you may want something else. But I dont think it is a matter of little interest in them. People have choices.

Cheers and good luck with your search

·
midnight venturer
477 Posts
I can't tell ya if the venture 1300 is the same motor as the v-star, I believe it is, all I can tell ya is my 1300 is the smoothest running bike I've ever had and PLENTY of power. Not as good of gas milage as I would like but hangs in at 40mpg. Not to bad for a touring bike. If you like that bike, I'd sure jump at it, no wait, I did!!! LOL! I got mine last year as a carry-over and got a sweet deal on it too. I'd say go for it!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought an '08 Vstar 1100 Custom last summer. I've had absolutely no problems with the bike, it runs and handles great. It averages a little over 50 mpg.

I looked at almost everything out there, and the Yamaha was the best value for the money and I also liked the simplicity of an air-cooled, carb'd engine.

I gave $7400 + tax in Sept '08. You should be able to get a better deal now that the '09's are here (and sales are low).

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 1300's looked good, but I ended up getting the new 950. I felt more comfortable as a new rider on the smaller bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts