Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening.
I just purchased an project bike.
Is a 1966 Bridgestone 175cc Scrambler - 2 cylinders.
For now I need I need pistons an base cylinders gaskets.
Can any one tell me where to buy parts or what equivalent brands will work?

Thank you
Ricky

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Is this a metal gasket?
I've seen guys get away with reusing metal head gaskets by stripping the existing finish on it (lacquer thinner or acetone), and then spray painting a coat (1 coat only) of paint on both sides.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,995 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't help you with your request but there are a few people on her that should have an answer for you.

·
Premium Member
7,038 Posts
Go to Google and type in Bridgestone motorcycle pistons. You did not say if it is a 2 stroke or 4 stroke. You need to be sure of what you have, otherwise you will get the wrong bits. You can make gaskets. You can reuse copper gaskets by annealing them. I do know that they made 2 stroke motors, but it is best to state that.
Also check the dead bike yards.

UK

·
Ace Tuner
2,019 Posts
The Wiseco company makes pistons for a lot of the older machines, new too of course.
If you still have an original piston they might want to have it in hand as a way to match something they have that will work.

S F

·
Ace Tuner
2,019 Posts
Is this a metal gasket?
I've seen guys get away with reusing metal head gaskets by stripping the existing finish on it (lacquer thinner or acetone), and then spray painting a coat (1 coat only) of paint on both sides.
Paint that is aluminum in color has (or had) aluminum in it. The aluminum will spread to lower areas and provide a good seal. Put it together when the paint still tacky.
Note: ^
Information form the Hot Rod Chevys I played with back in the old days. Proven to work (back then) with composite head gaskets.

S F

1 - 8 of 8 Posts