Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm turning 17 here in a month and would like to get a motorcycle license to make it easier for me to commute to class and such, looking into the Illinois DOT's laws (I'm in the Peoria area), I can get a Class L license, which gives me the ability to ride a bike up to 150cc. I'm just wondering if any of you guys could refer me to a motorcycle that fits this requirement. I'd also prefer it to be a dual sport/enduro, whatever you prefer to call them. A Honda would be nice, but I'll settle for pretty much any other make, just not a Harley. Also, I'm 5'10" and 160lbs, so I'd rather it fit me, not be 1/3 my size. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I just checked the Illinois laws and the only difference between a class L and a class M permit at your age is that the class M will require you to take the BRC. That course is worth its weight in gold to a new rider and should be on your to-do list anyway. In case you don't already know, it costs $20 to enroll in the course and if you show up for class they refund it to you. Net cost is zero. I would suggest you get the class M even if you decide to stay with your 150cc limit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts