Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking at the ninja 250r 2008 model and up. also ive been checking out honda cbr 250's. i want to start on a 250 being that im a beginner and eventually i want to go bigger but for now im looking for 250's. so if you know of any other 250 bikes that are nice please recommend them id greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ive been looking at the ninja 250r 2008 model and up. also ive been checking out honda cbr 250's. i want to start on a 250 being that im a beginner and eventually i want to go bigger but for now im looking for 250's. so if you know of any other 250 bikes that are nice please recommend them id greatly appreciate it.
I think it depends also on how big your are...I wanted the Ninja 300 as my frist bike, but I felt cramped on it at 6" 2 190 lbs. I went with the 650, but it is more expensive and has more power than what you need...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you ridden a 500 or 650? I can understand you not wanting too much power but in my opinion a 250 is like a go cart. Its ok for back roads but you wont have much passing power. A 500 or 650 would be a great first bike to learn on, in fact a 500 was my first bike. i would just hate for you to get a 250 and be bored with it quickly and have to buy something bigger, just my 2 cents

1 - 6 of 6 Posts