Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently live in Las Vegas and have been riding for about 5 years. I've seen a couple motocross bikes come and go, with my favorite being a 2006 YZ125. I enjoy tight technical trails through the woods, especially after a good rain. The only bike I currently own is my 1996 Honda CBR1000F that I ride everyday. I'm hoping that I can get some info concerning routes and road conditions through this forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from Seattle. There are several people her from your area l believe. Sift through some threads and you are sure to find them :)
Thanks. I'm former Navy and just moved to Vegas from Bremerton WA last year. I've had some good times in Seattle, and while I'm anti-hawks (Go Niners!), I am a Mariner fan and Safeco field is my favorite place in Seattle. The Hood Canal Loop up there is my favorite ride on a street bike so far! If you've never done it, it's a must. Taking it off road, Tahuya forest and Moses Lake in WA are where I've had some of my favorite days on a dirt bike.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
That's awesome! All except for the part about being a niner fan anyway :)

I have driven Hood Canal once but never ridden it. I bought my bike late in the season and haven't had much of a chance to take it anywhere other than riding to work and whatnot...you know how the rain is here. Come Spring l plan on doing lots of riding here. I really want to do North Cascades Highway, and my parents live over in Coulee City, so there will be plenty of opportunity :)

How did you decide on Vegas? Do you have roots there? Where are you from originally?

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and Thank You for your service. Hopefully someone will help you find some great rides.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you must have been a Submariner being from Bremerton. The northwest is a beautiful place to ride, at mainly west of the Cascade mountains.

As for Vegas, head up 395, or do death valley in the winter time. There are some really neat old ghost towns that can also be explored.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you must have been a Submariner being from Bremerton. The northwest is a beautiful place to ride, at mainly west of the Cascade mountains.

As for Vegas, head up 395, or do death valley in the winter time. There are some really neat old ghost towns that can also be explored.
What part of northern California are you from Blaine? l have family in Eureka and Grants Pass.

While in Washington did you ever ride the North Cascades highway? lt is a windy high mountain road that gets ridden a lot every year. Next year l plan on riding throughout the Northwest and finding all those great rides.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
What part of northern California are you from Blaine? l have family in Eureka and Grants Pass.
I live a little west of Yosemite Park. I love riding in the Eureka area, the redwoods are so beautiful, and this time of the year is just perfect along the coast.

I like Oregon, but your state cops are way too determined to enforce the suggested speed limits.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I live a little west of Yosemite Park. I love riding in the Eureka area, the redwoods are so beautiful, and this time of the year is just perfect along the coast.

I like Oregon, but your state cops are way too determined to enforce the suggested speed limits.
If l get down that way next Summer we will have to plan a ride :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts