Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own a bike yet but have been researching street bikes, particularly Suzukis. I'm especially interested in the SFV 650. Would like to chat with someone who owns and rides one.
Hope to see you all on the road some day soon.

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
The SV650 has been around for about 15 years and has proven to be a solid motorcycle.

Alternatives/competitors would be the Kawasaki Ninja 650, the Versys 650 and possibly the Honda NC700X.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I owned a Gladius a while back and so did the wife. Good all rounder if you ask me with great v twin grunt for the size of the engine. Brakes and handling are decent enough and it is very lightweight for a new rider.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Information

Don't ride West in the evening.
I used to own a 001 SV650. Sweet bike. Smooth engine, good power, good brakes, good enough handling. I am not crazy about the Gladius style, but I am also not 20 something anymore.
My SV650 now lives across the street from me, Get to see it often.

Unkle Crusty*

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I have an '04 SV650. It is my "get back on the horse bike" and l have been quite happy with it thus far (just bought it 2 months ago). I like the way it rides; there is always power available but l never fear getting too much throttle. lt handles very nicely and it is very responsive. l get nearly 50 mpg. The only thing l really don't like about it is the aggressive riding position...it is getting a handlebar riser this Spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts