Motorcycle Forum banner

Looking for a helmet

2329 Views 14 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Icewatch
Im looking for a helmet and like the 3/4 ones w the flip down face sheild. They are easier to get on, and I think the visability is better (?) ..

In your experience what is a better helmet, the full face or 3/4 w the sheild?

I also think the 3/4 looks cooler. I know that safety is important though..
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
safety is always better with a fullface i think...As to what looks kooler imo the full face. but i guess its up to you in what you'll feel comfortable with.
Check them out <a href="http://www.maxhelmetsupply.com">Motorcycle Helmets here</a>.

Email them for good deals
G
Check them out <a href="http://www.maxhelmetsupply.com">Motorcycle Helmets here</a>.

Email them for good deals
Them? :D
www.maxhelmetsupply.com

Who am I kidding? Not them ME.

Adrian
G
I was looking at the vintage helmets, when my wife gets her Bonneville, she'll need an appropriate helmet.
I actually own 3 helmets. A full face, 3/4 with shield and a half-helmet.

Why 3? Because I can't make up my mind. LOL!! :D

Seriously, I like prefer a different helmet for different types of riding.

When I'm going on a long ride on the freeway and will be riding at higher speeds, I prefer and feel safer with a full face. I don't have a windshield, so the full face helps alot. Since I take the freeway to work and ride my bike to work often, I probably wear my full face helmet more often than the others.

If I'm going on a long ride, but on local roads and moderate speeds, I like the more openess of a 3/4 helmet, but with still the protection of a face shield.

If I'm going to just cruise around the local area, I'll just put on my half-helmet with my WileyX googles
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why 3? Because I can't make up my mind. LOL!!

When I'm going on a long ride on the freeway and will be riding at higher speeds, I prefer and feel safer with a full face. I don't have a windshield, so the full face helps alot. Since I take the freeway to work and ride my bike to work often, I probably wear my full face helmet more often than the others.

If I'm going on a long ride, but on local roads and moderate speeds, I like the more openess of a 3/4 helmet, but with still the protection of a face shield.

If I'm going to just cruise around the local area, I'll just put on my half-helmet with my WileyX googles
I'm the same.
as long as the color matches the bike, haha
Well, Im deciding now on this one... for now..

Its a CL- SP. In silver to match my bike. :cool:
See less See more
Im looking for a helmet and like the 3/4 ones w the flip down face sheild. They are easier to get on, and I think the visability is better (?) ..

In your experience what is a better helmet, the full face or 3/4 w the sheild?

I also think the 3/4 looks cooler. I know that safety is important though..
Shoei has a 3/4 helmet with a full coverage flip up shield called the J-Wing. It has a fully removable interior, and cheek pads that can be replaced with different thicknesses to give a custom fit. There are channels built into the cheek pads to make it easier to put your glasses on once the helmet is on your head, and to reduce the pressure they put on the side of your face. Our exclusive semi-dual EPS ventilation system paired with two intake, and three exhaust vents (including the neck outlet) all for excellent ventilation.

More can be seen at Shoei-Helmets.com.
thanks for that info.

Why 3? Because I can't make up my mind. LOL!! :D

I'm sort of like you. It depends on what I'm riding and where.
I have about a dozen in the garage , all sizes so whoever wants to ride will have one. I like the 1/2 for short rides and a 3/4 for longer or bad weather. I always use a windshield as it protects from the wind and flying objects. I tend to buy the cheaper ones and have never liked full face at all.
G
I really like my HJC, but I have an oval head and it's the only brand that fit comfortably. I'd recommend it, but make sure it fits first.
It took me a really long time to find a helmet that fit right and looked good. My suggestion would be Arai. Look great and cost a ton! Worth it though in my opinion.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.