Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping Dowco would fit the bill, but the travel cover is just water resistant

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
It will be very hard to see the road and to ride safely when you and your bike are fully covered with a motorcycle cover. I suggest only using the cover when you are parked.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Just adding a bit of humor. I very little bit.

·
6,588 Posts
More info would clarify whether you need 'Frogg Toggs' for yourself or a cover for your MOPED or Goldwing :)

Welcome to a great forum Fetty with friendly Folks that have fun also:)

We would also like to know some specifics about you, like where you live, your experience (Bike related silly) and what kind of bike you have!

Sam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. thought you guys would know Dowco .... MOTORCYCLE WATERPROOF COVER...Lightweight for travel

·
American Legion Rider
19,010 Posts
Unless you put plastic over the bike you won't have many other choices. Covers are intended to breath so moisture is not trapped like with plastic. Why the need for 100% waterproof anyway?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unless you put plastic over the bike you won't have many other choices. Covers are intended to breath so moisture is not trapped like with plastic. Why the need for 100% waterproof anyway?
Traveling cross country

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Rather than carrying a bulky cover, I keep a chamois type cloth with me, and if need be, dry the bike off before starting out after a rain. The bike will need a good cleaning after a long road trip anyway, so I am not concerned with drying off every part of the bike. I dry the seat, windscreen, grips and where my knees and legs will be up against the bike, as well as wherever on the front of the bike I might get drops being blown up into my face while riding. Usually this takes me only a minute or two and then I am good to go. I use a Beadrider pad on my seat, so drying that off works to keep my jeans dry even if there is still moisture under the beads on the seat itself.

·
American Legion Rider
19,010 Posts
Traveling cross country
Then Dowco is the best made. I've carried one on numerous cross country trips ranging from a week to several months. They are also good because they don't display the brand of bike unless accessory shops order them that way. But you really don't want to advertise what you are covering. The scum love it when you do that. Saves them the guess work and possible time before stealing the bike. They also come in handy to cushion other items you might be carrying. A multi-purpose tool if you would. But you do not want to trap moisture and that's why they breath. And until very thin from years of use, they don't let much get thru. You do want to carry a chamois or towel for what moisture does get thru or collect if in a downpour or overnight.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't know how waterproof those covers are, but you can always spray it with Scotchgard to make it even more water-repellent. There's even an extra heavy duty version available now. I've used it on some of my gear and it works well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts