Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Victory Kingpin (I wasn't very original with my username.) There is no clearance under my handlebars or behind my handlebars and I have a windshield. Even if I got the smallest possible bag for the front of my bars, it would cover my electronics so that's no good. The only possible location to mount a bag on the front of my bike is on the front of my forks, between the headlight and front fender. I recently tried a hard leather bag I got from Amazon, but it wasn't wide enough for the straps to secure to my forks, as the forks were too wide and far apart. Has anyone else dealt with a similar issue, and could anyone recommend and link me to a product that would suit my needs? Whatever tool bag I get can't be too squishy, as it will take full-frontal wind impact in that location. The two small leg wind shields in one of the below photos have been removed.

While I'm here, anyone with this bike find a solution for mounting a cupholder somewhere? The handlebars ride really low so the only thing I can mount on them is my phone. Anything that needs to ride below them hits the gas tank. Something that could mount to the side of my front frame bar would be dope.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,670 Posts
You have to make sure your hard bag won't hit your fender under hard braking or bad bumps

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to make sure your hard bag won't hit your fender under hard braking or bad bumps
Hmm, this is true. I'm sure I can make that happen. I just need something that is wide enough to fit and I can synch it tight. The one I returned wasn't a really hard plastic shell or anything, just stiff leather with a little bit of pliability, like a shoe. Have you had any issues with soft bags throwing aerodynamics off too much?

·
Visionary
5,413 Posts
Nice bike, mine is an '11.
I took it off along with the sissy bar and back seat for a cleaner look but when I bought mine the original owner had a small tool bag on the back. It might be another option for you. Just be careful about it touching, his made a tiny rub mark on the fender, and it was only there for 2k miles at the most.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like you could hot glue a piece of felt under the bag to avoid a lot of abrasion, but it could get wet. Thanks for the tip. When I want to just carry a few things I have been just tying a plastic grocery bag behind the back seat like so. There is not nearly as much room back there as your due to the kind of seat I have. The license plate reflectors keep the plastic from moving around. Usually it's just an energy drink wrapped in a microfiber towel for minor wipedowns after a night out's dew. But it would be nice to have something bigger to keep my registration and some actual tools for just in case. I have been riding around without my registration because I can't find a good place to put it.

Bonus question: This bike is still new to me and I have never taken off my seat. Is there room to safely store paperwork under there?

Attachments

·
Visionary
5,413 Posts
Oop, it just occurred to me maybe I could put my reg in a ziploc with a strip of mounting tape inside the cheese wedge.
That's exactly what I did, I laminated the registration, put in a baggie, then taped the baggie inside the cheese wedge.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Can't help with your tool bag problem, but as for your cup holder, take a look at Barefoot Willy. I've had one about 3 or 4 years now. It came loose once but I tightened it back up and no problem since. The height is adjustable and from looking at your bike, I think it would clear your gas tank just fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't help with your tool bag problem, but as for your cup holder, take a look at Barefoot Willy. I've had one about 3 or 4 years now. It came loose once but I tightened it back up and no problem since. The height is adjustable and from looking at your bike, I think it would clear your gas tank just fine.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B6HB116/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_GXs8DbJCK589H

If this is what you mean, yeah not too bad. The one I tried had the bar mount at the top ring of the holder so the whole dang thing hung down, but this one or something like it could work.

FYI, that chrome phone mount is a TACKFORM, and they are amazing. A little pricey, but worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts