Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone riding one of these? Been looking long and hard at the 2016 Vulcan S ABS Cafe. It being "only" a 650, wondering how well it comfortably maintains highway speeds. The bike has the Ninja 650 motor, guess you can tell I have not been on a Ninja 650. Some of the video reviews say the ride can be a little harsh as the rear shock could be better. What other pros and cons have you found with the bike?

·
10,756 Posts
I have not ridden one, but saw one and sat on it at the dealer the other day. Comfortable fitting bike and I like the look alright. The 650 motor has plenty of power for the Ninja and the Versys that it is used in, so I am sure it run this bike just fine.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I thought the ride was pretty good for a lightweight bike.

I'm sure it will outrun a Vulcan 900.

I doubt the engine will have any problem maintaining highway speed. But being a lightweight bike I wouldn't have it for lots of highway use.

·
Charlie Tango Xray
768 Posts
The Mrs has a Vulcan S and loves it. She only has a few 1000 miles on it, but that 650 motor is an over achiever as she can easily out accelerate me and my Honda CTX 670. Highway 70 mph cruising is not a problem. While the ride isn't as smooth as my Honda, I do think the so called harsh ride is blown way out of proportion. Shes recently had a few back operations and has no complaints on the ride. Its not even bad in the twisties. Take one for a test ride. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts