Motorcycle Forum banner

looking at getting a bike, can anyone help with some information?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  stuco 
#1 ·
Hey, how are you guys doing? I am looking for a new street bike. I already bought one last summer but I was blinded by love and an amazing deal. I got a suzuki bandit 1200 S. I really love the bike but it is my first street bike, and I am 19 years old. I dont want to die and I really can't afford the bike. but buying the bike wasn't a waste of money, I can sell it for the same price I bought it for, if i didnt buy the bike I wouldnt have that money. BUT anyways I am rambling.
So, I am looking for a honda, preferably a naked bike style. and in the 600cc area. I am going to be living in Ottawa, so I am looking for something decent on insurance. I would go as low as a 500 cc bike I think. I will be 23 when I put the bike on the road because I am going to school.
So can anyone think of some decent bikes to take a look at. I got a couple years before I am buying but I want to start looking now so I can start saving money and what not. thanks a lot. talk to you later

#2 ·
Why not just keep the bike you have now and take it easy on it until you get used to it? You can get killed on a 50cc moped also.

If you really are intent on selling it and buying a 500 or a 600 why not a 600 Bandit or something like that.

#3 ·
Hey haha yeah i totally forgot about the 600 bandit...I'd love to keep the 1200 but the insurance is the biggest reason. right now I am living in northern ontario and it's going to cost me 3600 dollars, when im living in ottawa its going to be at least 4600 dollars. and I really can't afford that. plus i need the money from selling the bandit to get through school. My stomach just turns thinking about selling her but i think this is the right thing to do. I am selling her to my best friend's dad. so she's going into trusted hands. maybe ill even buy her back one day haha. haha i cant believe i forgot about the 600 bandit...I hope insurance isnt going to be too much thats all im worried about really. anyways thanks

#11 ·
Go with a 600 and call state farm, they don't hate on sportbikes like other insurance companies. State farm has the best rates for single male under 30 for sportbikes like a cbr 600etc. They only care about engine size not weather its a racing bike. I'm 27 and live in Toronto and grew up on dirt and continue to ride dirt but just bought a cbr 600 k7 and got my licence and places like kingsway were all giving me rates of 5000 a year but at state farm i got full coverage for a little over 1300. Your younger but maybe they can help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.