Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost forty and have wanted a bike for a long time. Once I even bought a Yamaha 750 with three carbs but I could never get it running, I never put enough time into it. Now ten years later I am looking at another fixer upper because my budget is still next to nothing. I found an '82 Honda 450 that I think is a cl custom? Not 100%sure though. It has sat in a shed for eight years so I know I need a battery, pull and clean the carbs, change the fluids, rubbers look pretty good. I know it has been on its side once or twice and I am told that: "I messed up the screw thing on the bottom of the carb" plus, "it needs new exhaust to get a sticker because I tried to drill me out." handle bars have a slight bend too. Are these too many warning signs? Is my want to finally ride stronger than my common sense right now that I've found a bike I can buy for 200 bucks? Where can I get decent exhaust parts that should fit? Are there common problems with this bike? Etc? Looking for some solid advise from somebody with miles on two wheels. Thanks in advance, Mark

1 - 1 of 1 Posts